Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Eczema treatments?

I think ds has eczema, his little tummy and back has these red dry patches of skin. I don't think it warrants a trip to the pedi, so I was curious of what treatments/lotions are the best. I've been using Burts Bee's and Aveeno baby lotion to try to soften it up, and was curious if anyone knew of something better.

Re: Eczema treatments?

• Options

I just took Lily to the pedi for this...nothing scented.

There is a steroid cream they will give you that helps.  I'd take your son and get it checked.

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• Options
    My pedi said to use a little Cortaid once a day.  It seems to be helping!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used aloe vera from a plant and aquaphor. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We use Aveeno bath wash and lotion. Also, if the patches get really bad, I put a 2.5% hydrocortisone cream on it. Also, don't bathe every day - go every 2 or 3 days.

• Options
    thanks for the recs. I'll stick w/ at home treatments and call the pedi if I don't see improvement.
  • Options

All of these are stright from our pedi derm...

Dove unscented bar soap

L'Oreal sulfate free for shampoo

CeraVe lotion everywhere (very pricey, but totally worth it!)

Hydrocortisone on red patches

California Baby sun block

Keeping the skin well moisturized is the biggest thing.  Doc said absolutely nothing scented including Aveeno, Johnson's.  We have a lot of experience with this if you want to PM me.

• Options
    Aquaphor is a life-saver. Also, the red patches might be triggered by dry air (is your heat on?) We put a humidifyer in DS's room and those went away completely.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was JUST at the doc this morning, and she recommended Aquafor.
    imageimage Leslie G. My Bio| Bloggy style Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use over the counter hydrocortisone cream on the patches. We also sometimes use the Aveeno or generic brand Oatmeal Bath packets in her bath. We only use Aveeno or Burt's Bees bath products and lotions too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"