Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Do you take your LO to the Dr everytime they have a fever??

I had to pick up dd from school Tuesday becuase she had a fever....she stayed home wednesday. I didn't take her to the dr becuase it was mild and she seemed okay. Then I get another call yesterday and she had another fever. I took her to the DR asap! And once again she had no issues 'probably a virus' I don't get it! It seems like every 2-3 weeks she has to stay home from school becuase of these little colds :o( poor girl.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you take your LO to the Dr everytime they have a fever??

• Options

No, not at all. I usually just watch it, give medicine if they seem uncomfortable, and wait the virus out.

I'll go in if they get worse, start acting 'off', etc.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I usually don't take DS to the doctor for a fever unless he's had it for a few days, has other "sick" symptoms, or if it's pretty high. Is there any chance she's cutting teeth? How high is her temperature before they call you to come get her? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope. I hardly ever take her to the doc for a fever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nope we would be there all the time.  I think it is due to it being his first winter in daycare ...I keep getting all his colds too :(
  • Options
    No, only if it's high or accompanied by other signs of illness.  Usually his are low-grade and he doesn't act like it bothers him so I just give Tylenol or Motrin and that takes care of it.
    "If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
  • Options

imageMissMoochie:
    I usually don't take DS to the doctor for a fever unless he's had it for a few days, has other "sick" symptoms, or if it's pretty high. Is there any chance she's cutting teeth? How high is her temperature before they call you to come get her? 

I am so paranoid about her having an eari infection or issues with her lungs so I usually take her in the get checked. This week when I didn't and she still had a fever a couple days later I thought maybe there was something else wrong!

Her temp was 102.5 yesterday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS has only had a fever once, and I knew it was a vaccine reaction and it went away with a dose of tylenol, so there was no reason to take him to the doctor. If he had a fever that would not go down or kept reappearing, I would at least call the doctor and see what they think I should do.
  • Options
    I don't take DD to the dr. for a fever unless it is high.  She has to have more than one symptom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We by no means go to the doctor with every fever.  If I can't get the fever to respond to Tylenol/Motrin we'll call the office.  Usually we're told to watch it for a while (he's never been over 102), and then call back.  I think we've only actually been told to come in with one fever because it was lasting more than two days.
  • Options
    My pedi says to bring DS in only if the fever has not broke after 72 hours with tylenol or motrin
    Me:40 DH:40 AMH:.21 FSH: 10.9 2 failed IUIs on Clomid; 4 failed IUIs using Follistim; 1 cancelled IVF due to poor response; Switched REs in March 2012; Currently stimming for final IVF. Estrogen priming with microsode lupron; 6/25:8 retrieved,7 mature,5 fertilized with ICSI; 6/30: transferred 4. Beta #1 7/12:92.1 Beta #2 7/16: 528 Beta #3 7/18: 1,042 7/25/12: First ultrasound. 1 bean measuring 6 weeks 1 day Hb 116 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"