Connecticut Babies

Danbury Ct Mommies??

I work PT and can not seem to find any activities to do wiht my daughter after I get home from work.  Everything I find is morning stuff... any recommendations? I would also love to meet up with other local moms... my daughter is 20 months :)

thanks  

Re: Danbury Ct Mommies??

• Hi there...you can look for the local moms clubs and playgroups.  I'm not in the Danbury area (yet) but my best friend lives in Ridgefield, and belongs to a moms club, and an amazing playgroup that she loves....check out the library - there may be postings...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks! would you mind sharing what playgroup your friend is involved in? Every group I find is for stay at home moms and I currently work part-time.  I can not find anything and it's so frustrating.
  • Loading the player...
  • check out moms club  It is for SAHM's - but I think you'd be able to join working PT.  It doesn't hurt to ask.

Most of the stuff I know about is in the morning - but I'll let you know if I hear of anything in the afternoons.  Oh wait - I just thought of something.  This was posted on a private board I'm a member of:

Gymnastics Revolution in Bethel, CT has an open gym a few evenings a week from 4-6.  (there was also a morning one, too.)  See link below.  It costs 8 dollars each time.  You don't sign up or anything - just show up.  It is a big open space with mats and things to climb on.  There is a long trampoline that goes into a foam pit.

https://www.gymnasticsrevolution.com/opengym.html

I hope that helps.  You can also look into music together or gymboree.  I'm not sure but they might have some afternoon/evening classes.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh thanks so much!!!! you're right, everything I find has activites only in the morning and it's so frustrating!  To make matters worse, I moved to Danbury from NY 3 years ago and haven't made any friends... I don't have anyone to ask these questions to, let alone do playdates with.  If the market was better I would move in a heartbeat... OK  - that's a whole different topic lol.

Both are great suggestions... I really appreciate you taking the time to help out

• The moms club would be a great place - and I think that a few of my girlfriend's friends from there do work part time.  It would be a shame if they didn't let you in because you are not 100% SAH, IMO! 

Let me ask my friend where she started her connections..., and I'll get back to you.

• Thanks for the help!  I emailed the MOM's club of Danbury and see what happens... I swear it's like if your not a SAHM, then there isn't any playgroups for you.  Everything I have found meets in the AM. ughh

Maybe you can give your friend my email address or give me hers and I can speak to her directly... maybe I can find out what group she is involved in or where to start to find a group? 

my email address is ajc8879@aol.com

thanks  :)

• Once again, the open play group for the gymnastics (for toddlers) is AM! 

I did email moms club, so thank you for your help! Hopefully the allow part-time moms or can at least steer me in the right direction.

If you do come across something in the afternoons at all - please contact me.  thank you for your help! :)

• imageajf2004:

Once again, the open play group for the gymnastics (for toddlers) is AM! 

I did email moms club, so thank you for your help! Hopefully the allow part-time moms or can at least steer me in the right direction.

If you do come across something in the afternoons at all - please contact me.  thank you for your help! :)

I just looked at the link and it shows that open gym for all ages is mon, tue, wed, & thursday from 4-6

https://www.gymnasticsrevolution.com/opengymschedule.pdf

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • thank you!! I was looking at this-https://www.gymnasticsrevolution.com/currentschedule.pdf 

this is a great idea, thanks 

• Now that it's getting warmer (at least the past few days!) you can go to the local parks.  M and I went to Meckauer park (in Bethel) yesterday and there were a ton of people there. 
  • imageeris1995:
    Now that it's getting warmer (at least the past few days!) you can go to the local parks.  M and I went to Meckauer park (in Bethel) yesterday and there were a ton of people there. 

Yup yup....I know that the Ridgefield moms club likes to meet at Ballard Park on Main Street across the way from the library....

Also, YGM

• I will try both of these parks out... I've only been to one park in Danbury and it was so desolate and quiet Liv got bored after 10 minutes lol... thanks!!!
  • I've never been to Ballard park - but Meckauer has a tot area for ages 2-5 that is mostly fenced in and there have always been a ton of people there when I've gone.
  • imageeris1995:
    I've never been to Ballard park - but Meckauer has a tot area for ages 2-5 that is mostly fenced in and there have always been a ton of people there when I've gone.

Ballard Park is great - especially in the summer - there are weekly concerts on Tuesday nights that are free, and it's such a cool event - very family-friendly...bring your dinner, drinks, and kids and just picnic while listening to live music.  I love it.

Bethel also has really nice parks, too!

• that sounds like fun!  I'm already looking forward to it lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"