Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

s/o Toe walking . . . how much is too much?

So how do you know when toe walking happens too often?  DD does this, but she also knows how to walk "normal."  I think she's being funny or just trying new steps when she does it. 

Re: s/o Toe walking . . . how much is too much?

• Options
    DD did this for a while just to be silly. I would only be concerned if she did it more than typical walking. I've heard those squeaky shoes are supposed to help encourage them to walk heel to toe.
  • Options
    I posted about this below, but in our situation the PT was only concerned b/c DS had never stood flat footed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it isn't how she walks the majority of the time, I think it is fine.
  • Options

imageSBMBride406:
    I posted about this below, but in our situation the PT was only concerned b/c DS had never stood flat footed.

Thanks.  I wasn't concerned but did see the post below.  I also had a friend comment on DD's walking recently and mentioned that we might need better shoes.  I was like, well your kid can't even walk yet!  (J/K, but I wanted to say that.) 

Thanks everyone!  DD does it while barefoot and in shoes, but the majority of the time she walks with flat feet.

• Options
    I'd still tell your pedi.  M nephe did this  - not even half the time but his achilles tendon was too tight and it caused problems eventually.  he was in pt for about a year
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"