Trouble TTC

Would you go back to school while TTC?

So yesterday when  I was at my dad's angiogram I had this overwhelming feeling that I needed to go back to school to be a nurse...or something in healthcare. This happens to me everytime I go into a hospital. I'm weird and like hospitals and always feel it's where I need to be.  It's been going on for years. DH and I talked and he said if it's something I really want to do we can make it work, it would be about 2-3 years since I need to take some core classes before applying for nursing school. Would you go back to school if TTC?  We thought that if I'm not KU this cycle and the lap comes back normal so we really truly have unexplained IF then maybe it's a sign for me to go back to school while we continue to try naturally.  I'm on DH insurance and he has a very, very good job and can support us so I'm not being horribly irrisponsible since being a SAHM is something we discuss too. Or maybe there is another healthcare career I can look into without having to do ny or too much schooling. Hmmmmm!!
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

TTC #1 since September 2008
All tests normal
IUI #1, 1/31 50mg Clomid BFN!
IUI #2, 2/27 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel trigger BFN!
Laporoscopy March 30th- diagnosed with mild very endometriosis
IUI #3, 10/10, 2.5mg Femara BFN!
Hip Surgery 12/10 and forced TTC break
Diagnosed with gluten and dairy intolerance 12/10
June: TTC with TI and 2.5 mg Femara
IUI #4 & 5 Summer/Fall 2011 with Femara. BFN
11/11 Diagnosed Compound Heterozygous MTHFR- 7.5 mg Deplin
IVF #1 take 1- cancelled due to cyst
IVF #1 take 2- ER Aug 29, 35 retrieved ET Sept 3- 1 beautiful embryo transfered. 11 frozen embryos (AKA snow babies)
BFP Sept 11, 2012 :D
Suffering from moderate OHSS

Re: Would you go back to school while TTC?

• I would. I have been thinking about it for a while, actually. If it wouldn't put you in a financial fix, then I say go for it!

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would since you can afford it.  Yes

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • I work full time and I've also been completing a master's degree while we've been TTC. I think that if you can afford to not work and just focus on school it would be totally fine to do while TTC. GL!
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagewilliaw:
    I would. I have been thinking about it for a while, actually. If it wouldn't put you in a financial fix, then I say go for it!

It wouldn't be easy, it would be tight and we'd have to make some changes but it's only for a few years right?

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

All tests normal
    IVF #1 take 2- ER Aug 29, 35 retrieved ET Sept 3- 1 beautiful embryo transfered. 11 frozen embryos (AKA snow babies)
  • I'm currently in school while we are TTC...like others say...as long as you can afford it then I say go for it! It will make for a better future for you and DH and your future children! GL!
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• I say yes...

And if for some reason you do end up KU you'll still be that much closer to your goal of becoming a nurse...

image??? Baby Jane born sleeping @ 22.5 weeks ??? MY OWN NUTSHELL -- The Blog
  • If it was school instead of a job maybe.  There is no way I'd be able to do both on top of dealing with IF.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I would.  I only have 2 classes left for school and I keep putting them off because they have a heavy workload and I'd have to be bent over a drafting table for hours at a time.  I keep telling myself that if I get KU theres no way I can complete the courses with a bump, but I think I'm going back in the fall if I haven't gotten my BFP.
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I work full time and go to school. GL
  • I travel for my job so school and working it not an option or I'd do it. I would miss too many classes since I'm gone a few nights a month, sometimes a week at a time. Otherwise I'd do both. We'd stop IF treatments and continue to try naturally while I did acupuncure and some chinese medicine but that would be it. No drugs, IUI or IVF etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

All tests normal
  • imageSki&Sail09:

imagewilliaw:
    I would. I have been thinking about it for a while, actually. If it wouldn't put you in a financial fix, then I say go for it!

It wouldn't be easy, it would be tight and we'd have to make some changes but it's only for a few years right?

Yes, and it might actually be a good distraction from TTC.

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
  • Go for it, I started back this past fall and I have always enjoyed school, so this is not a stressor for me but more of a hobby of sorts and it keeps my mind off of it.  I had an English class this fall and I wrote a lot about my infertility and it was a nice way to vent.

TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"