Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Does anyone get milk from Oberweis?

I have been searching for milk that is hormone, antibiotic free, and not ultra pasteurized.  This seems to fit the bill. I was just wondering if anyone else had thoughts about.  It isn't certified organic, but they claim that they test cows for antibiotic before they are returned to the milk supply.  It also comes in a glass bottle for some reason I like that.

https://www.oberweis.com/web/default.asp

Re: Does anyone get milk from Oberweis?

• Options

I have bought it before, and I like it a lot. Their chocolate milk is to die for, by the way - it's like drinking a shake. 

• Options

We used to and can I just say that I looooooved it?! Seriously, for some reason, it tasted better than any other milk I have ever had. We don't get it anymore, mainly because even the taste wasn't worth us spending $6 on a gallon of milk when we go through it as fast as we do around here. We do still get it occasionally though. Their chocolate milk is awesome too.

I thought Oberweis was a relatively local thing, so I'm surprised it is available as many places as it said on their website.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh, and I do agree that milk in glass is better! The taste is so delicious, and I don't even usually like milk.

We buy milk from the co-op that just opened by us now, and it's local and in glass bottles. So freaking good.  

• Options
    imagekelbrian:

I have bought it before, and I like it a lot. Their chocolate milk is to die for, by the way - it's like drinking a shake. 

I will have to get some this week.  I just convinced DH that we should switch from Organic Valley to Oberweis.  He said as long as I get 2% for him as well.  Oberweis is across the street from the grocery store we get milk at. 

• Options

Oberweis is fanfreakingtastic!

And yes, their chocolate milk is unbelievable.

And OMG - the chocolate peanut butter ice cream?!?! Orgasmic. 

I like privacy. A lot.
  • Options
    imagekelbrian:

Love it!  DH is super cheap on most food items, but has no problem spending on the chocolate milk. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We used to have it delivered, but I kept ordering so much other stuff that it got to be way too expensive. Their milk is unbelievable. MIL is friends with Jim Oberweis.
  • Options
    We bought the Oberweis milk a few times but it was just too expensive.  Now we get our milk from Costco.  Very good prices and growth hormone free.  I know it isn't the same but it works for us. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"