2nd Trimester
Options

Crib bumpers

I have read so much on the internet about crib bumpers. Why to use them, why not to use them. Some of the reasons not to are really scary. DH and I can't decide if we should get them or not. What are you ladies planning to do?
image image

Re: Crib bumpers

• Options
    LCB34LCB34 member
    We will use one as soon as LO has head control.  LO will most likely be in our room for the first 2-3 months so when we transition to the nursery, it will be used.
  • Options

i used one w/ ds until he used it as leverage to climb out.  will do again for #2.

you have to do what YOU are comfortable with tho. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    they sell breathable ones..bumpers arent really necessary
  • Options
    personally I probably won't use them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since we're getting pricier bedding most likely and you can order a la carte, we're not getting them. The $$ factor combined with the possible safety issues were enough for me.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I plan to use a breathable bumper. I figure that it makes me the most comfortable and is a good compromise.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We're using ours! It's cute, and will keep LO from hitting the hard wooden rails of the crib.
    Mom to 3 wonderful Free Birthed kiddos
  • Options
    I'm not using the bumper that came with my nursery set in the crib.  I may use it for decoration elsewhere in the nursery.  With that said, I registered for a breathable bumper.  That way the baby is protected from tangling up or hitting the rails, but if the baby does press her face into the bumper, she will not suffoccate.
  • Options
    We have one and we'll be using it! It is adorable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm also registering for a breathable bumper. It was a factor in my decision to have the bed skirt made. I looked up a lot of info on this and came to the conclusion that the benefit of how they look just doesn't outweigh the risk.
  • Options
    Just to be on the safe side, we decided not to use bumpers. Just personal preference.
  • Options
    We are not using them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"