3rd Trimester

My Pre-E induced induction turned C-section.LONG-PSIP

Hello my wonderful ladies! As some of you may know, i had been admitted to the hospital on last Wednesday because of high-bp, and was kept for an eval and 24hr urine catch (which i had before and it didnt turn up anything) well it came back on friday morning with a slightly elevated protein level and I got to the bathroom come back and the L&D nurse says, "well we're having a baby today!" So after a whirl-wind series of "huh??" and phone calls i'm being wisked away to get a Cytotec placed. . .after 4 hours they check me and im dilated 1cm so they place another one. . and thats when the fun begins, i go from 1cm to 4cm in 4hrs and they were going to start a Pit drip but i was doing so well on my own they decided to let me go. I started to have couplet,triplet and even quadurplet contractions (2,3,4, contrax in a row with no break) and because of me being pre-e, they had me on a lovely little thing called Magnesium(sp?) Sulfate, to possibly prevent high-bp-related seizures. And while you are on this stuff you CANNOT get out of bed, even to go to the bathroom.  So even though i had hoped to do a natural birth, i could not walk or use the shower or any of the other things i had wanted to do to try and help with the pain, so i ended up asking for an epidural. Which they gave me. . and it did not take. . so i labored for another 6hrs without any relief and by this point i was so exhausted i would fall asleep, wake up yelling through 4 in a row contractions and then falling asleep again. So by 4 am Friday morning they were finally able to replace the disfunctional Epidural with a CSE(combined spinal epidural, of which i am  HUGE fan) but because i was limited to only two positions back and my right side, due to the baby going into distress when i turned on my left side. So anyway, long story just a little bit shorter, the doctor decided a C-section was the way to go and i agreed and Grace Makenna was born at 35 weeks,5days on February 27th 2010 weighing in at a whopping 7lbs 14oz, 20" long.

She is absolutley Beautiful and perfec in every way! I cannot imagine my life without her, even though she joined it just two days ago :)

Re: My Pre-E induced induction turned C-section.LONG-PSIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"