Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I'm so mad at DH.... ready to flip out

He and his coworkers decided it would be fun to do poker nights every so often.  Fine, good, whatever.  They would rotate whose house it was at.  The first poker night was at my house.  I was glad to do it to get it out of the way and not have to do it for a while.  I had all these men over days before I gave birth, dealt with their mess, cleaned up the beer stains, everything.  I was so glad it was over.

DH announces, "The next poker night is here.  It's on Monday."  Ummm... what?  Okay, first of all, you do NOT get to invite a bunch of rowdy men over without even discussing it with me.  It's our house, not your house.  Secondly, we have a 4 m/o who has thrush and is going through teething hell.  We've had the worst week.  We didn't get to bed until 3am last night bc he wouldn't stop screaming. 

I said WTF?!

(EDIT it posted before I was finished)

Anyway, I called him on it and said that was not cool and this is not a good time.  He said I could go to his boss's wife's house.  No, Jack needs to be home w/ his swing and his bed to try and relax.  He doesn't need to be out super late.  I said what he did was short sighted and selfish, and he said he didn't care.  He refused to acknowledge that this somehow puts me out at all or that it could affect Jack.

There's one guy who is SO LOUD and I said if he screams once I'm kicking him out.  I'm not dealing with it.  It's a damn Monday night and I have a freaking infant for pete's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm livid at his selfishness right now but I'm trying to remember how awesome he is 99% of the time... 

I guess I live in his house.  Go figure... I thought it was OUR home. 

Re: I'm so mad at DH.... ready to flip out

• imagewigglebee15:
    I'd be super pissed too!  So, are they coming?  What was the resolution?

I asked him to cancel bc of what's going on w/ Jack and he said no.  So they're coming.  He's such a selfish jerk right now.  I know he's refusing out of pride. 

• WOW.  He said he didn't care?  WOW.  I would've ripped him a knew one and told him if he didn't care I guess he wouldn't care if I took LO and left until he realized what's more important.  A stupid poker game or his family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • UGH!!! That is totally stressful, so sorry having a 4 month old is stressful enough, I know all about it..hang in there!! and I'm here if you wanna vent some more!
  • imagedragon_chica:
    WOW.  He said he didn't care?  WOW.

Yep.  I know he said it just to piss me off.  I'm sure he'll realize what he did wrong eventually and go and do something extravagant but that doesn't make up for his total disregard of what is best for Jack and me. 

• imageLucky428:

imagedragon_chica:
    WOW.  He said he didn't care?  WOW.

Yep.  I know he said it just to piss me off.  I'm sure he'll realize what he did wrong eventually and go and do something extravagant but that doesn't make up for his total disregard of what is best for Jack and me. 

Yes!  And you need to make it very clear to him that he needs to get his priorities straight.  Sure if he wants to do poker night with the boys that's fine but the utmost important thing is his family and if poker night will affect the family in a negative way he needs to fix it.  Like I told DH recently as we're finally trying to sleep train DD, "It's not HER we need to discipline and train to get on this schedule.  It's US.  Once we discipline ourselves and train ourselves to stop disrupting DD's sleep schedule and making sure she goes down at the same time every night then she should follow suit."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, ladies.  I overreact a lot so it's good to know that in this case, my reaction is normal and warranted.

The ball is in his court.

And please don't think he's a total asss.  He really is a great husband/dad 99% of the time, I just have no idea what he's thinking with this situation. 

• sgrlsgrl member
    That is RIDICULOUS - in my opinion, that is something that neither of us would agree to without first checking with the other to make sure it was ok! Grrr! Angry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG!  That is horrible!  I am so sorry you are having to go through this and your husband is being such a jerk right now!  I would be upset beyond belief too and hear hear on ripping him a new one!  ;-)  I would too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I think you should sit the baby down right in front of them, and if he screams his head off then I wouldn't try to leave the room to appease them. This is your home to and you have a right to all areas of it. I gaurauntee the next time poker night rolls around they will be less than enthusiastic to do it at your house and maybe do it somewhere else ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• you're not clearing out right? i would do exactly what you'd normally do where you normally do it.. what a douche.
  • imageilenegrace:
    So I think you should sit the baby down right in front of them, and if he screams his head off then I wouldn't try to leave the room to appease them. This is your home to and you have a right to all areas of it. I gaurauntee the next time poker night rolls around they will be less than enthusiastic to do it at your house and maybe do it somewhere else ;)

I like this idea- or even leave LO with them for DH to handle and you go to a movie.  Once he sees how hard it is to handle LO's nighttime routine he'll understand why you're upset.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Beer

This is for you. Drink up m'dear.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"