2nd Trimester

Work requires I confirm it's not just a pillow under my shirt:)

at my OB appt tomorrow I need to get a note from my doctor, signed on his letterhead, stating that yes I am pregnant & my due date

HR at my company requires it when I put in my maternity leave forms, I told my boss about that and he laughed & said yea just to confirm it's not just a pillow in your shirt - ha!

how bizarre:)

Re: Work requires I confirm it's not just a pillow under my shirt:)

• Reminds me of the move with Lindsay Lohan...lemmie see if I can find it....OK got it. It's called Labor Pains. Wicked funny (although not a big fan of her)
  • Wow... I guess I can understand its just for the paperwork but its kinda funny thye actually said they need it to prove you arent faking!
  • Loading the player...
  • That's funny. My work wanted DS's birth certificate as proof.

2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • My job did this as well.  Everyone knew, but once the bossman knew I couldn't lift heavy items, they required a note from the doc.  It was a headache because I went through the health dept. and took 2 days to get the note.  But the look on bossmans' face was hilarious, because i don't think he really believed me.  But w.e, no biggie.
  • People always look at me crazy when I have to ask for a Dr. note for being pregnant to cancel them out of their fitness contract they have with us.....I know, I know - I SEE your huge belly, but I'm not the one who approves this crap and we've gotta have it for the paperwork :-( 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • It's totally normal and I think you are legally required to produce it if you intend to take any maternity leave.

It's also got to do with when you have to finish work. Most workplaces require a medical certificate saying you are fit to work after about 34 weeks (that is 6 weeks or so before your EDD). 

I'm sure it's not a pillow! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"