Stay at Home Moms
Options

Toddler Teething

I think my son is teething is 2nd year molars or something.  He has been cranky, had a brief fever, and is chewing on his fingers a lot.  What do you moms recommend as something soothing to give him for his tooth/gum pain?  A frozen teething ring seems better for the front teeth when they're an infant.  I can't think of anything else. 

Thanks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toddler Teething

• Options
    I gave Jackson a thick carrot and/or a big stalk of celery-just had to watch him closely that he didn't take big chunk off (which he couldn't manage with the carrot). He LOVED them both-I think the carrot gave enough "give" -soft enough, yet hard enough, and long enough so he could get it in there pretty good. I also gave him a thicker wooden spoon, and a rubber spatula that was all rubbery and one piece if that makes sense. He loved those too. Kiind of weird and random, but it seemed to help at least a little!
  • Options
    I wouldn't give him a teething ring because he can now pierce the skin and the goo will ooze out, kwim?  I use children's orajel or ambisen (sp?) and that seems to work pretty well.  You can use a cold carrot or cold damp washcloth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"