Northern California Babies

WWYD: Oscar-themed party

Some old friends of ours invited us to their annual Oscar-themed party. This year they are changing it up and want everyone to dress up all glam, etc. My problem: 1) I don't have anything even close to glam (not even a LBD since the last one I had just wasn't the right size), 2) can't afford and don't really want to just buy something just for this party, 3) kinda not in the mood to get all dolled up.

We've already RSVP'd and will be going but I'm kinda stressing out about what to wear and how to convince DH to actually wear something more than just a dress shirt and nice pants.

WWYD? Do I try to rummage thru what little non-schlumpadinka clothes I have in my closet? What ideas do you have ladies? Wink

Re: WWYD: Oscar-themed party

• im a totally smarty pants, so i would do 80's glam. like rock glam. You could find a bunch of stuff at a 2nd hand store, cheap, and it would be hilarious!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd probably just wear slacks/skirt and a nice top and call it good.  I bet they'd rather have you there in "almost glam" than not there at all.  You could always wear a lot of costume jewelry (rhinestones, tiara, etc) or some great sunglasses. :)
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey!! I've got this dress hanging in my closet. I don't think I'll ever wear it again...and the shoes. You are more than welcome to borrow if you want.

• imagescrapmama2201:

Hey!! I've got this dress hanging in my closet. I don't think I'll ever wear it again...and the shoes. You are more than welcome to borrow if you want.

Wear Aprils dress!!!! Totally Glam!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagescrapmama2201:

Hey!! I've got this dress hanging in my closet. I don't think I'll ever wear it again...and the shoes. You are more than welcome to borrow if you want.

YGM

• I would email all my friends my size and see what they have or ask us nesties/bumpies. I bet someone has something you can wear!

• wear april's dress!
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • What size are you? i have a really pretty red and black dress that isnt]'t getting enough wear! I can send you a pic tomorrow...
  • I have a very simiar dress as April's if her's doesn't work out.  You are more than welcome to it and I am sure I could find some shoes for you too!
  • If you want to go a different/funny route you could always put together an outrageous outfit and go as Lady Gaga.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hope you are borrowing April's dress!  That is adorable!  Have FUN!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"