Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Is this normal, RE: poop

I mentioned today to another mom that DD poops every 3 days. I will know the day she is going to poop because it is regularly every third day. This other mom said it wasn't normal/ not good. She has absolutely no problem going when she is ready to go, and everything seems fine! Should I ask the pedi about this or does it seem pretty normal?

Re: Is this normal, RE: poop

• If that is your LO schedule for Poops then you should be fine. ALex goes every day or every other. But there has been times where we wouldnt go for 2-3 days and my pedi said that is just fine. If its over 6 then i would worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagechristina-marie:
    Is she FF or BF?

BF with 2-3 solids per day. 

• imageMommaMar:

imagechristina-marie:
    Is she FF or BF?

BF with 2-3 solids per day. 

This is very common for BF babies. No worries.

• DD is also BF & has two meals of solids a day. It's not uncommon for her to go a few days without pooping, but then other times she'll go like 3 times in one day. I asked the pedi at her 6 month appt & she said that was fine. She told me not to worry unless she seems uncomfortable or in pain & her little body will take care of things on it's own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD once went 6 days without pooping.  Pedi. said BF babies can vary in that some go all the time and so can go up to 14 days without going.  (I can't imagine how uncomfortable 14 days would be!)  Their explanation is that BM is the best food and most of it is absorbed into baby's body.  DD got pretty regular (once a day) until we started solids.  I remember reading that rice cereal can cause constipation so I'm sure that's our problem. 

Like PP said, if that's normal for your baby then that's ok.  Pedi said that as long as it's not hard like rabbit poop than you're ok.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"