Attachment Parenting

Dr Jay Gordon's sleep technique

Has anyone tried this technique?  https://www.drjaygordon.com/development/ap/sleep.asp

I am at my wits end with my daughter, i tried to do No Cry sleep but that has seemed to make it worse.  I'm trying to break her nursing to sleep associations and doing the pull off method has seemed to make her nurse more at night and I can't unlatch her because she clamps down (fun).  My daughter is 22 months old and I am so frustrated with this whole thing.  I need some help to stop the night nursing, she isn't sleeping through the night either.  I just need help period.  I tried to get her to go to sleep tonight and after an hour I just gave up, dh is in there right now with her. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dr Jay Gordon's sleep technique

• i'm so sorry...  i know someone on here was doing it and posting her updates on here, and the name escapes me now... if you don't get a reply to this post it might just be the timing.  you can try posting again during a busier weekday afternoon and you'll probably find her!  but last i saw, it was working for her!
  • Thanks!  I will try that.  she feel asleep an hour and a half and some crying later. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We tried the basic concept and we have improvement in bedtime and overall more sleep for everyone (at last!!). I realize it can all go to heck at 18 mos, but from 12 mos through 15 mos we gradually shortened nursing hours. So instead of an all night diner, I am only open from 5 am through 7 or 8pm.

We didn't follow the number of days and hours exactly but started with nursing to sleep but then no nursing from falling asleep through my bedtime. Then no more falling asleep at the boob. Then lengthening the no nursing after my bedtime.

The "no more" part is tough... it does involve crying and a struggle but either Mr. or I am with her and we still bedshare. She wakes much less frequently now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"