Parenting

Husband is getting his suit cases and says he is leaving

we had a huge fight, the kids have always been great sleepers, however for the past week KR has been fighting us on going to sleep. He said oh she is cute let her stay up, well she got used to it and now expects it. I tried to put my foot down tonight, school is tomorrow, and well at first he was on board, then he said let her lay down in our room till she goes to sleep. Which of course she is still awake and in the process woke up the boys. he then loses it, about twenty minutes ago because she is still not asleep and is still crying and playing games. I put her in bed and told her to stay, he goes up to check on her notices JM is awake and ends up making him cry. Pisses me off, KR woke him up, had he stuck by me and made her go to bed at bed time then this would not be happening. I calm JM down get him to sleep and KR is in the hall crying. He yells at her, kicks toys throws her leapfrog away as punishment for not going to sleep and says he is just leaving because no one needs or wants him, that we do not appreciate him. he is seriously in our room packing.

Kalie is laying right beside me the boys are asleep. I do not have the energy to play into his pitty me I do everything wrong make me feel better attitude. That is all he wants is for me to tell him he did nothing wrong and that he was right. HELLO DUDE you do not kick toys, throw them across the room and have a fit like you are two years old. He pulls this pitty me crap about every three to six months and I am just done. I can not do it anymore I can not go up there and lie to him and tell him oh you are right we were wrong bull *** when he is the one acting like a two year old. 

Re: Husband is getting his suit cases and says he is leaving

• Hugs!!!

Keep your daughter away from his nonsense right now.  She should not have to see him acting like that.  Nor should you.  

So sorry!   

• It sounds like a messed up situation and I'm sorry you've got to deal with it.

I'll be thinking about you, whatever happens I'm sending good vibes your way. 

• Loading the player...
  • Wow sorry--he sounds like he's being a child. I hope things work out--however is best for your family.
  • Thanks girls he is just being an ass. As soon as he is done with his "packing" kalie and I are going to the master bedroom. I am not letting him around her or me, he can sleep in the freggin basement for all I care. He can not treat me or these kids this way.
  • I'm sorry that you are going through this.  I hope you can find the strength to get through it.  I would not fight it either especially if it occurs every couple of months.  He did it to himself for allowing her to stay awake.  I wish you luck!
  • Ya do what my mother used to do when I was a KID and telling her I was running away.  She helped me pack.

Seriously though, he's acting like a 6 year old.  Keep KR with you and ignore him.  Take care and hope KR is asleep soon.  Men, pft.

• He has yet to come down yet so I am going to lay down with her in her room. I will update you tomorrow.
  • I'm so sorry. Ditto the person who said I hope it works out however is best for your family.
    imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • Aww, I am sorry girl. Your H is being a brat. I hope he comes to his senses and realizes that.
  • jshfjshf member
    Are we married to the same guy?  Since DS was born, DH pouts and gets mad that I don't make him feel special, or appreciate him for "helping" with DS.  I at one point wanted to leave him cause he was acting like a baby!  I finally accepted that DH is like a child and I have to give him lots of positive reinforcement.  It's ridiculous cause I'm tired and stressed enough learning how to be a mom with no help other than him.  But to keep our marriage "good" I have to take care of DH too.  I will say he does help more since then.  But I need to praise him all the time though, otherwise he starts pouting again!  *sigh*  I hope things are better today for you!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"