2nd Trimester

18week U/S - what to expect?

I have my 18 week ultrasound tomorrow. What are they looking for?

I had an NT scan at 12 weeks that was normal and we're not planning to find out whether the baby is a boy or a girl, so I assume this is another 'scan' of some kind but just realized I don't know what they'll be looking for. Thanks!

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

Re: 18week U/S - what to expect?

• Found a good site that explains some. They check/measure pretty much everything. From bones to organs :) HTH

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/scans/secondtrimesterscans/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • They're just going to measure everything and make sure all looks ok. I loved being able to see all LO's organs and such :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • we didn't find out the sex either

the 18th week scan is usually called the 'growth' scan

they are checking that everything is growing properly - outside & inside

so for ours they measured baby's limbs, checked the heart, kidneys, stomach, brain, etc. was all visible, they also checked the nose & mouth - that they look like they have grown correctly, etc etc

ours took awhile cause baby was moving around so much - but it's nice to leave knowing that everything seems to be growing correctly :)

• This is the big u/s they check for measurements, make sure baby is growing on time. They also check for complications. Once they check the health of the baby then its the fun part , team pink or team blue.
  • Thanks very much! This is extremely helpful : )

Bandia - that weblink is great - thanks!

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• You are welcome hun :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"