2nd Trimester
Options

My mom doesnt like our name

and you know what I just dont care, is that terrible?? I understand now why my brother and SIL waited to tell people until their little one was born.

BTW: we chose the name Brooklyn Elise (we are 90% certain on Elise)

Re: My mom doesnt like our name

• Options
    I love it! My best friend wants to name her daughter Brooklyn, too. 
    Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • Options
    I see nothing wrong with that name!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that is a great name! And it isn't bad that you don't care that your mom doesn't like your name, your daughter not her's. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My niece is Brooklynn and Eilse is my cousin's name... I like it!
    TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • Options
    She'll get over it once the baby is here.  

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options

I love that name! So pretty!

My MIL try to get us to change to spelling to the way she liked it. (She wanted Scarlette, we already agreed on Scarlet.) She'd even use her spelling in FB posts and messages to family!! I had to sternly but politely tell her that we were spelling it our way, and that was just how it was going to be.

• Options
    Such a cute name!!
  • Options

My mom didn't sound thrilled about ours either, and I don't care.

We are about 90% certain it's going to be Julian.  She mentioned its a very gender neutral name.  How many girls do you know named Julian??  Maybe Julie-ANN, but not Julian.  Whatever.

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    imageafwife08:
    I think that is a great name! And it isn't bad that you don't care that your mom doesn't like your name, your daughter not her's. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    imageafwife08:
    This!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I think it is very pretty.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    That is a beautiful name and I am sure once she is born your mom will find it beautiful as well. And if not, oh well.
  • Options
    If you like it that is all that matters. If she comments about just say." well it's a good thing your not having her."
  • Options
    It's a nice name, and I'm glad you aren't letting your mom's opinion bring you down. She will get over it pretty quickly once the baby is here.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    and yes - I think it's a perfectly acceptable name too.  I don't see anythign wrong with it! Wink
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    I LOVE the name Brooklyn! Your mom got a chance to name you without your input, so the same should go for your child. Everybody will learn to just accept and love the name in the end anyways. :)
  • Options

I love your name!! Elise was one of my top picks if we were having a girl.

Our LO will be Alexander and my MIL wants us to just name him Alex. I don't mind him being called Alex in fact I call him that often but his name is Alexander lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Love the name Elise!  (if baby had been a girl, Elise was a top contender for MN as well!) :)

When I told DH I was worried about my FIL being a jerk about not naming the baby after him, he said "We'll buy him a goldfish so he can name it after himself." 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    My MIL does not like our son Nathan's name. We did not decide on a name till he was born. She says things like "I don't know where you got Nathan from?" Whatever. She also hasn't said much good about this boy's name, Luke. She said "what about a nice name like Matthew?" Well first, it is not her decision! Next, what is wrong with nice names like Nathan and Luke? And DH's cousin already has a son named Matthew! Ugh. A name decision shouldn't be anyone else's business. I always keep my mouth shut if I don't like a name choice!
  • Options

I love the name! What does she not like?? I know my mother would die for us to name a baby Brooklyn - she loves that name so much!! I agree with everyone else, its not her child and she will love LO no matter what. 

• Options

cute name!  it doesn't matter who doesn't like it, as long as the parents love it, that's all that matters.  we're not sharing our baby names with anyone until the baby is born.

• Options
    This is why DH and I decided to keep our names secret. My mother disliked a few names we were just talking about.

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think moms just like to get digs in when they can. I don't get it.
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options

I had a dream that I had a baby girl and called her Lucinda. Now, it's a name I don't mind but my mum got all funny about it and said that she knows an awful lady called Lucinda and not to use that name. Seriously?

From now on, I am keeping the names on our short list a secret! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Idk what Im having yet but if it is a girl Im naming her Brooklyn too. My husband isnt a fan of the name but I get to pick the girl name and he gets to pick to boy name so Im going to stick with Brooklyn. Its a way cute name.
  • Options
    my MIL hates our name too and is calling her lexie for short.  but i don't care either! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

My MIL didn't like my son's name, and my mom doens't like this baby's name.

I'm batting 1000...lol

I think it's a cute name, BTW.

• Options
    I wouldn't care either!  It is your child...not your mothers.  I like the name...it is cute and different.  My husband and I have choosen to not tell anybody the names we have picked out, so we don't have to deal with peoples two cents.  lol 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"