Indiana Babies
Options

now a belly sleeper

I put Kamille down tonight and she immediately rolled to her belly.  I rolled her back and rolled back to her belly.  Happened 3x.  I finally left her for awhile and then went back to check on her and rolled her back and she rolled to her side immediately.  I'm going to be a nervous wreck tonight. 

I'm just hoping she sleeps, she was up most of the night last night just whining b/c she is teething like crazy.

If your LO sleeps on their belly do you just leave them?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

Re: now a belly sleeper

• Options

It's ok to leave her if she rolls over on her own.

I was worried when Isabella first started sleeping on her belly, but she sleeps so much better that way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We fought with DS forever (the nurses in the nursery said he was a belly sleeper even then!?!), but since then we've finally given in.  I agree with pp, I was told that as long as they can roll themselves over, it was ok to let them.  Most nights he's on his belly with his rump stuck up in the air!  Just make sure the soft bedding is removed and she has a firm surface to sleep on!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We just left him on his belly...and he slept so much better!  And that's the way he sleeps now  :)

BTW...LOVE your siggy pic!  Too cute!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    We went through this with both boys and I was always turning them. I just leave them now. They love sleeping on their belly or side now.
  • Options
    DS just started sleeping on his belly a couple weeks ago and I was a nervous wreck as well.  He loved sleeping in his belly in the NICU, but once he came home and we put him on his back, he started hating tummy time so I was shocked when he started sleeping on his tummy by himself.  Now that he sleeps on his belly again, he's sleeping better than ever!  Just try to relax and make sure LO is on a flat surface with no padding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Olivia's been a belly sleeper for a while.  I fought it for a while but gave in and let her do it.  I still check on her all the time because it stills makes me nervous.
  • Options
    Madelyn started doing this at about 7 months and after several nights of freaking out and going in there to roll her over, I gave up.  If she can roll over on her belly, then she can roll back over.  I talked to the pedi. about this and he said the same thing.  I still always put her in her crib on her back, but if she wants to flip over on her tummy, she does.  Otherwise it could make a momma go crazy!  We also have an angel care monitor which makes us feel a little better, but was still worrisome at first.  Good luck!  I hope you aren't too nervous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    as soon as Emma could roll she slept on her belly, it stressed me out to no end but she did start sleeping a lot better that way and her dr said if she was doing it herself it was safe to leave her. Of course now that she's 2 I lay her down and tuck her in and she flips onto her back and kicks off all her covers..so now i worry about her freezing every night...i think she's trying to make me go gray. Smile
  • Options
    I leave Andrew.  He loves his belly.
  • Options
    Evie's been a belly sleeper for over a month now.  I actually put her down on her belly now because it's easier for her to go to sleep.  I do that only because she can roll back to her back if she wants (and does sometimes)  She sleeps so much better on her belly!
    Deleted
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"