Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Why do you FF?

I a particularly interested in those of you that chose to over had to. I really want to formula feed but I can't get over the feeling that I need to BF him since I can. Plus BM is free!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why do you FF?

• I pumped until my supply took a nose dive (I only lasted 2 weeks, super sad)...and haven't regained my supply since.  I ran out of my BM stock last week and had to switch to formula.
  • My baby has a milk protien allergy and I knew realistically I couldnt keep up with the dairy-free diet.
  • Loading the player...
  • I BF for 2 weeks and everything was okay. I did have to use shields and that was extremely hard and annoying. I didn't have any supply problems or pain I just knew I wouldn't be comfortable BF in public and never was successful at pumping. So I guess I selfishly decided two weeks of breastmilk was way better then none. FF is going great and I enjoy how easy it is! I don't regret my decision at all. I was a FF baby and I think I turned out just fine!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I BF'd for the first 4 weeks, but I really hated it. She had trouble latching at first so we used a shield and it was a PITA. I started giving her bottles of BM at night and liked it so much better, so I EP'd for a couple of weeks. But that got old really fast and formula was so much easier. So that's how I decided to make the switch. I love it and we are very happy FFing.
  • imagemissmoo15:
    I BF for 2 weeks and everything was okay. I did have to use shields and that was extremely hard and annoying. I didn't have any supply problems or pain I just knew I wouldn't be comfortable BF in public and never was successful at pumping. So I guess I selfishly decided two weeks of breastmilk was way better then none. FF is going great and I enjoy how easy it is! I don't regret my decision at all. I was a FF baby and I think I turned out just fine!

See this is me (except I've been pumping instead of BFing). It does seem that my supply has gone down, but I'm still getting enough for his appetite at this point. I feel like I'm being selfish, but, like you, I'm not doing the pumping thing well and can't see myself NIP.

• imageskmac05:

imagemissmoo15:
    I BF for 2 weeks and everything was okay. I did have to use shields and that was extremely hard and annoying. I didn't have any supply problems or pain I just knew I wouldn't be comfortable BF in public and never was successful at pumping. So I guess I selfishly decided two weeks of breastmilk was way better then none. FF is going great and I enjoy how easy it is! I don't regret my decision at all. I was a FF baby and I think I turned out just fine!

See this is me (except I've been pumping instead of BFing). It does seem that my supply has gone down, but I'm still getting enough for his appetite at this point. I feel like I'm being selfish, but, like you, I'm not doing the pumping thing well and can't see myself NIP.

If I were you I would give formula a try. The way I did it was slowly introduce it to LO. This works good because it gives you a chance to see if you like it, for LO's belly to adjust and your milk to slow down so you don't get as engorged. I would still pump the same as you are now for about a week and feed her formula every other time. Then store the breast milk you pump because it comes in handy for all sorts of things later
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My supply was great but I hated breast feeding. ?I felt trapped at home and could not get over anxiety surrounding bfing in public. ?One day I found myself bfing in a bathroom in macy's and I just felt miserable. ?So, after five weeks, I switched to pumping and ffing, and then went to just formula. ?I am so much happier although it is a pain in the ass to clean bottles and formula is so f-in expensive. ?But I do not regret my decision.
  • My supply was low and my nipples were raw and sore from poor latch form and from my DD sucking so hard because she wasn't getting enough to eat. I wanted to BF so bad but now i realize that I felt I had to because everyone said I had to. But FF is just as great and it allows everyone to take part in feeding the baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"