Single Parents

Mil is crazy...

I've been talking to mil the same amount, if not more then before h left.

However, today I found out that she has emplied that H isn't all that bad. She also seems to think that H could get custody if he wanted it.

EXCUSE ME?

Seriously?

She thinks the dad that went 3 weeks without seeing his daughter, when he lives 5 minutes away, the same one who has brought her home early two of the three times he has actually picked her up....She thinks HE can get custody. He has a dui, he has a wanted endangerment charge for doing 93 on his motorcycle with a passenger, and I have nothing but 1 speeding ticket.

I will not be telling her jack ***, and she will see exactly how much of a relationship she has with her granddaughter. H has talked to his mom all of 3 or 4 times since Christmas Eve, but thats not my problem!!

I would love to see him even for one second try to get custody.

He never will, he can't even  handle 8 hours of being a father, forget 24/7-feeding,clothing,changing (she peed through her diaper while there today!),, washing laundry, entertaining, making sure she is safe.

I guess it's easy for her to not think he is 'all bad', because he is her son, and she is not seeing everything that I see. But whatever

I'm done with her!

Besides that, I had a great day ladies! I went to the movies and got out of the house..finally Smile

Re: Mil is crazy...

• Damn. You MIL is crazy. LOL!!

What did you go see? Glad you had a good day!!

• I went and saw Dear John for $5!! It was pretty good.

I'm not too much of a movie person, but we saw previews for two more movies we want to see. I guess I will go to the movies every other sunday or something while h has dd. Until I get a bf or something. LOL

• Loading the player...
  • MIL is going to side with him whether she likes you/agrees with you or not. X's mom tries to be buddy buddy with me and "totally understands" my position because she was in a similar situation, but then goes to X and says he should be taking DD by himself... my EBFing DD who has a mommy  complex and is only 3.5 months old.

It is nice when someone from THEIR family acknowledges the things you notice about X, I know, but they are just saying it to please you so they can see the grandbabies. 

But, I also think it is cruel to with hold your DD from MIL just because things with X are bad or she sides with him. She is seperate from X, and you don't want to keep your DD away from her grandma (unless she is harmful, of course) and hurt their relationship. 

• X's mom is an enabler and never seems to think her son is wrong.  She also allowed him to sleep with his ex in their house while he and I were engaged... thanks... lol

When X and I have gotten into an arguement previously he told me they would give him custody of LO over me.  I cracked up.  He has an XW, bankrupt, and still in debt along with a series of tickets... It's funny when they think they can get on our level (as in trying to be a parent 24/7)...

Yay for the movies and getting out of the house! I want to see Dear John so bad!! I might go tomorrow and then next weekend I am going to see Alice in Wonderland with my mom and little brother... I'm excited. :o

• imagemrgn:

MIL is going to side with him whether she likes you/agrees with you or not. X's mom tries to be buddy buddy with me and "totally understands" my position because she was in a similar situation, but then goes to X and says he should be taking DD by himself... my EBFing DD who has a mommy  complex and is only 3.5 months old.

It is nice when someone from THEIR family acknowledges the things you notice about X, I know, but they are just saying it to please you so they can see the grandbabies. 

But, I also think it is cruel to with hold your DD from MIL just because things with X are bad or she sides with him. She is seperate from X, and you don't want to keep your DD away from her grandma (unless she is harmful, of course) and hurt their relationship. 

I have always been the 'try to please' everybody type...i'm not going be played like a fool for the rest of my life by his family. The last 6 years was long enough.

If she wants to have a relationship with dd she can...but she will do it on Hs time.

Even when we were together, she came to our house to see dd all of 1 time and dd is 9 months old.

I will not go out of my way to help her, when shes talking *** behind my back. I knew she was trying to stay close with me for the sake of dd. But if she thinks for one second that someone could take dd away from me, she is crazy. It will never happen, I promise you that!

I had no problem being nice to mil when she was being nice to me, but what goes around comes around, and I'm not putting up with bs anymore.

• imageinbetween:
    imagemrgn:

MIL is going to side with him whether she likes you/agrees with you or not. X's mom tries to be buddy buddy with me and "totally understands" my position because she was in a similar situation, but then goes to X and says he should be taking DD by himself... my EBFing DD who has a mommy  complex and is only 3.5 months old.

I have always been the 'try to please' everybody type...i'm not going be played like a fool for the rest of my life by his family. The last 6 years was long enough.

If she wants to have a relationship with dd she can...but she will do it on Hs time.

Even when we were together, she came to our house to see dd all of 1 time and dd is 9 months old.

I will not go out of my way to help her, when shes talking *** behind my back. I knew she was trying to stay close with me for the sake of dd. But if she thinks for one second that someone could take dd away from me, she is crazy. It will never happen, I promise you that!

I had no problem being nice to mil when she was being nice to me, but what goes around comes around, and I'm not putting up with bs anymore.

I think you might have gotten the wrong idea about what I was saying... I got the impression that you didn't want MIL to see DD at all. But I totally understand you leaving it up to H to have her see DD. I don't think you should have a relationship with MIL if you don't want to - I totally get that. I was just saying that your DD will want a relationship with her whether you want one yourself. I was afraid you were going to go out of your way to keep her away from MIL, not leave it up to H to help establish that relationship. I definitely think you're right not to keep talking with MIL at this point. MILs are awful by nature :P

• What your mil thinks about her son's chances of getting custody has nothing to do with the price of pineapple in Paris unless she also happens to be your judge.  

I think you should ask yourself why you care what she thinks, because it sounds like you are hurt that she doesn't recognize you as the ideal parent. While that hurts, getting that recognition from a former mil is next to impossible.  Based only on the info you posted, I don't think keeping her away from the lo makes much sense.  On the other hand, insisting that she treat you respectfully is entirely appropriate.

• imageinbetween:

I went and saw Dear John for $5!! It was pretty good.

I'm not too much of a movie person, but we saw previews for two more movies we want to see. I guess I will go to the movies every other sunday or something while h has dd. Until I get a bf or something. LOL

Did you read the book?? I read the book a few years back and was so mad about it I flung the darn thing across the room when I was done with it. LOL!! If you did... was the ending the same?? I still think I'm gonna go see it anyways. LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"