Multiples

Anyones twins significantly different sizes after a month old?

So mine were 5 lbs 10 oz (Lily) and 7 lbs even (Noah) at birth, and they seemed to be close in size.  Now, at 5 weeks old, Lily is about 6 lbs 10 oz and Noah is close to 9 lbs!  He looks SO much bigger than she does.  He is a solid guy with huge cheeks, and she is still so petite.  I know they can grow at entirely different rates, but it seems strange to see them and hold them when she is so much smaller than he is.

Anyone else have this?  And did they even out?

Re: Anyones twins significantly different sizes after a month old?

• My DDs started off with about the same difference as yours (4lb12oz and 5lb14oz).  I don't think they were as different as yours at a month, but the gap has been widening.  Now, they are about 4 lbs different (18ish and 22ish lbs), so I wouldn't be surprised if yours are just different.  My DDs have different builds too--the smaller one is a little shorter, but she's also just more petite. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• My daughter was born at 3.11 and my son was born at 3.1.  Now my daughter is 12.3 and my son is 15.8... just goes to show.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I wonder if its a boy vs girl thing.  At 2 months, DS is 1.5 more than DD but he looks a lot bigger than her. He has "meaty" arms and legs and hers are so thin.  I keep trying to remind myself that I can't  compare them, but its hard!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mine were almost 2lbs apart at birth and were 5lbs apart at their 7mo appt.  I don't see them evening out at all - Gibby is really wide and chunky and gray is more lean all around- their bone structure is totally different... as are their eating habits.
  • Mine are both boys and just 3 oz apart at birth. They stayed fairly close in size the first several months but were 2 lbs apart by 7 months. Even now at 23 lbs and 21 lbs 7 oz, respectively, they feel VERY different when I hold them, too. Alex just feels so heavy and Will feels like a total peanut! It's amazing what a difference a pound and a half can make even at this age. But like Gail's boys, I think mine will always have a noticeable size difference; different builds, different activity levels (and during some stages, different eating habits).
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • My boys are much older but are 10 pounds apart.  Matthew was 46 pounds a few weeks ago and Jon was 36 pounds.
  • Our twins were 1lb2oz different at birth and now at 4 months they are 3lbs different.   My little guy (or big guy I should say) is a tank.  I assume they will stay this different.  My friend with b/g twins who are now 2 still has a significant difference in her twins sizes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"