Single Parents
Options

Pissed off the Ex

I went to the Ex's house to get a few things since I still haven't moved my stuff out. I got my stuff and was getting ready to leave when I asked him if he even cared since he never asked about the baby. He said "yes"

Then I asked if he planned on being in the baby's life and he said "yes". He then said he was going to see the baby as much as possible because he knows that as soon as he misses a visit I will take him back to court.

Then I asked if he was still smoking pot. He said he had recently. So I told him when the baby shows up I would make sure that was in the court order too...no pot smoking. He didn't like that. So he told me to leave.

I know it doesn't matter now because the baby isn't even here and he is going to have to go through the paternity test before he even has rights but it made me happy for a split second. My therapist would probably tell me that was unproductive but I am just so hurt by him and I want him to feel something. He is supposed to come to the u/s on Tuesday but I hope that made him mad enough that he wont.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
"There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Re: Pissed off the Ex

• Options

You can tell him not to come the the U/S appoinment. It is YOUR appointment, he is not entitled to come to any of your appointments. And, if he acknowledges the baby as his (in my state, anyway), he can sign an affidavit of paternity so you don't have to do the paternity test.

I know it is hard to keep those comments to yourself - but you should really try. For your sanity, seriously. My X took off while I was pregnant and abandoned me but came back when I was 8 months pregnant. And I'm so hurt by him, still, but it is getting better day by day.

• Options
    Bahaha!! Damn. I wish you would have had that convo recorded!! That would have been perfect for court! I would demand a court ordered piss test before custody is set up. You do know you don't have to invite him to the u/s. The appointments are for you, not the baby. The baby isn't here yet so it's still technically your body and you don't have to have him there for YOUR appts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Tell him to stay home!  My X use to smoke a lot of pot and thank goodness he is in the military now and can't.  I wouldn't allow my daughter around that. 

My X also just has to sign an acknowledgment of paternity form when DD is born to be put on the bc as her father.  Look into that in your state...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"