Success after IF

Dad decided what to do.

He's skipping the chemo and going straight for a neobladder, which is a bladder made of a portion of his small intestine.  They will remove his bladder and put this new one in its place.  The road is long to recovery.  He will have to reteach his body to understand the urge to need to pee.  Initially he won't ever feel like he needs to go.  So that will be very tough on him and that's after he recovers from surgery.  So we've all got a long road ahead of us, mainly my Dad and Mom though.

My Dad is super private about it all, so he hasn't really said much about it.  My Mom is kind of his spokesperson.  So please, please keep him in your prayers.  I appreciate your kind words so much Friday.  You ladies are truly amazing.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dad decided what to do.

• I am sorry your family is dealing with this.  I hope your Dad finds lots of extra fight inside him to get through this.

Hang in there!

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • what a guy. what a road.

ps  - you may want to quietly pass on a couple names to your mom for "man panty" products... Tena is a great brand, expensive but worth it. And I ordered a ton from HDIS back when I was nursing in that arena.

thinking of you guys....

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't see your first post until just a bit ago and I wanted to say how sorry I am! If anyone understands I do! Hang in there....cancer just sucks! Lots of prayers sent your way!!!!

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Although the recovery will be tough, he probably made the best choice.  I will definently keep him in my thoughts and prayers. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

After 21 cycles, and severe MFI, we finally did it with IVF #1 w/ICSI! Nico arrived 12/3/08!!!
    TTC for #2: IVF w/ICSI #2-4/17/10-BFN; IVF w/ICSI #3; 7/4/10-BFP!!! Beta #1- 96; Beta #2-528; Beta #3- 7371; 6w,5d-blited ovum=D&C :(
    IUI #2 1/10/11-BFN; IUI #3 2/18/11-BFN
    IVF #4 w/ICSI & PICSI ER 5/13/11, ET 5/1/118-BFP!! Natalee arrived on 1/23/12!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Blog: Miracles Can Happen
    Parenthood Blog: The Adventures of Nico & Natalee
  • I will continue to keep your dad and your family in my thoughts.  
    ~Olivia~
  • Thinking of you and your family - hang in there!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • I didn't see your OP, but I'm sorry he is even having to make this decision :( I think he is making a good decision, but I'm sure it's gonna be a tough road to recovery. I'll be thinking of you and your fam, and prayers said..
    Ron and Nora married 6.3.06 21 cycles, 1 m/c, 4 rounds clomid, 1 round gonal f and 3 IUI anovulatory cycles, LPD
    Joey, Ronnie, and Audrey,
    my awesome IUI 30 week twins, and my surprise miracle Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LOVE my SAIF ladies :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers My Blog!
  • Your dad has already shown he's a fighter.  I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. 
    twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• EM!!!!

Im so sorry to hear its back EFFFFFFF Cancer man!!!!  Im so tired of this word lately!!!

Your dad sounds like a man with much inner strength to choose this road and I will keep him in my prayers EVERY day tiL he is weLL!!!!!!

G_d BLess!!!!!! & HuGE loVE

• Prayers said.  My mother had bladder cancer and had her bladder removed. I know how hard it can be.  (hugs) to you and your family.
  • I will definitely keep your dad, you, and your family in my prayers. Stay strong and I hope your dad's recovery is speedy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really hope the best for your dad. I will keep him, your mom and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I will keep you guys in my prayers.
  • Thinking of you and your family.  
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Many prayers said!
  • I'm so sorry your dad and family is going though all of this.  Cancer is so incredibly nasty and difficult.  I will be praying for him. 
  • Lots of thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I hope the surgery goes well. Are they able to get him in soon?

Tinking of you!

Crista

• It sounds like a good decision. Your family will be in my prayers.
  • I will keep your dad and your family in my prayers. It sounds like your dad is a fighter. I hope the surgery goes well for him.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Prayers coming...

• you and your family are in my thoughts.  i hope things go smoothly with the surgery and your father's recovery.
  • Lots of prayers, honey!
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • First, I think it is so great that he is being proactive, and on top of this.  Second, it sounds to me like a good course of action.  Third, you, he, and your whole family are in my thoughts as he moves forward with this difficult decision. I can only imagine how hard it is on everyone.

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry to hear your Dad is having to go through this. Your family will be in my prayers.
  • That must have been a tough decision, but it sounds like the right one and that he is a fighter.  Hang in their girl.  Hold onto hope.  Thoughts and prayers are with you. 
  • Many prayers for your Dad&Mom...and your family.  Big [[[HUGS]]] to you as well, sweetie.  He sounds like a very strong & courageous man.

• I will continue praying for your Dad and your family. I hope his recovery from the procedure goes as smoothly as possible. Cancer sucks!
  • i hope your dad does well.  i'll be thinking of your family.
  • You guys are amazing.  Thank you.  Sorry I didn't respond last night.  I was pretty tired and just kind of zoned out with DH and the TV and some Easter candy.

For those who were wondering, he's meeting with the surgeon tomorrow to find out what the course of action will be and what he can expect.

Thanks again. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just saw your old post too.  Thinking of you and your family.
  • keeping your family in my thoughts!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"