Nurseries and Baby Gear

Peg Perego Vela Stroller?

So for my quest for a stroller, I found this one over the weekend.

It is 9 pounds, not as wide as a city mini (and lighter), has a huge basket and sun shade, kid snack tray... and seems easy to collapse.

It is brand new and I am concerned that it will be a lemon. 

Any moms out there have this stroller?

Re: Peg Perego Vela Stroller?

• We don't have the Vea but we do have the Si and we LOVE it!
  • I opted for another Peg Perego stroller instead (the Si) but I think they do a great job of maximizing functionality in a light weight frame.   The Vela is in stores now so do a test drive.  I agree they are both easy to collapse, have great maneuverability and the sun shade is plenty sufficient.  I personally just prefer a 4 wheel style.  Good luck! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • LCB34LCB34 member

I would get the Si instead.

Per the sales guy at the baby store we bought our stroller at, the Velo is made in China and is pretty cheaply made compared to the Si.  He said their store won't even be carrying it b/c it is too crappy to carry the Peg Perego name.

• imageLCB34:

Per the sales guy at the baby store we bought our stroller at, the Velo is made in China and is pretty cheaply made compared to the Si.  He said their store won't even be carrying it b/c it is too crappy to carry the Peg Perego name.

that sucks. Now I am back to square 1 then.   I don't like the SI.   It find the wheels get stuck when you fold and it gets bad reviews from other parents on this point as well.

The store I was at said the China thing about the Aria, but not the Vela...

so now I have no idea again what I am going to get. 

I am getting very discouraged as I can find nothing that meets my needs.

1) Want under 15 pounds

2) want recline

3) needs decent sunshade

4) needs accessible basket, don't care about big, just accessible (Maclaren's are not accessible in my opinion)

5) want smooth ride, durable, and easy fold

other nice, not mandatory...

child snack tray

I do not care about parent snack try, adjustible handles (I am 5'4 and DH is 5'9, so both very average heights, no non-issue).

• LCB34LCB34 member

Have you looked at the City Mini or the City Micro?

I am having a hard time with a light weight stroller as well.   I settled for the Si b/c it seemed easiest given our car seat and such.

• imageLCB34:

I am having a hard time with a light weight stroller as well.   I settled for the Si b/c it seemed easiest given our car seat and such.

• imageLCB34:

Yes- the city mini is HUGE in my opinion.  It took up much more floor space than the Vela (agian just my opinion) and the vela was 9 pounds, the city mini is about 16 I think.    The micro gets bad reviews, so I had not really considered it, but maybe I will.

The SI, I liked, but I just did not like the steering as well as teh Vela.  The vela had the smoothest feel out of any of the lightweights at teh store by a lot.   It also had a nicer feel to push than the SI for me.   I don't care about the infant seat as I am borrowing a friends's snap and go, so I will just use that for the first 6 months or so, but I understand that this is a big deal for other people, just not me.

I will have to look at the micro. 

:)

• imageNewlyWeds13:
    imageLCB34:

that sucks. Now I am back to square 1 then.   I don't like the SI.   It find the wheels get stuck when you fold and it gets bad reviews from other parents on this point as well.

The store I was at said the China thing about the Aria, but not the Vela...

so now I have no idea again what I am going to get. 

I am getting very discouraged as I can find nothing that meets my needs.

1) Want under 15 pounds

2) want recline

3) needs decent sunshade

4) needs accessible basket, don't care about big, just accessible (Maclaren's are not accessible in my opinion)

5) want smooth ride, durable, and easy fold

other nice, not mandatory...

child snack tray

I do not care about parent snack try, adjustible handles (I am 5'4 and DH is 5'9, so both very average heights, no non-issue).

Do you not like the Aria because it's made in China? We had that stroller for our daughter and LOVED it...and it seems to meet every one of your needs.

I actually sold it recently on Craigslist in order to get a lighter weight Maclaren (we were traveling to Disney) and I STILL miss that stroller even though we hardly ever even use one. I'd try it out in person and see if it might work for you. Like I said, we loved it.

• I have been doing tons of research online to replase our bulky Quinny Buzz that I despise. Trying to decide b/t the Peg Vela, Peg Si, or the Baby Jogger City Mini. No stores here carry any of these ( our BBRUS is pretty much a sea of Graco) anyone have any advise? We are going to Dallas next week so I hope to check some stores there for a stroller but would love any opinions or advise anyone has!
  • What did you decide to get?  I bought the Vela several weeks ago and it is not made in China but in Italy.  And I love it.  Seemed sturdy to me.  Very lightweight.  Easy to manuever and easy to fold up and get in the car since it is only 9.5 pounds.  It has a good size basket and a large sunshade.  I would recommend it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"