TTC After a Loss

curious..

my dh and i recently had a mc on wed @ 15 weeks pregnant...and i wanted to know how long after the mc were u girls told it was ok to start trying again??  TIA
BFP#1 12/11/09, Natural M/C @ 15w1d 2/24/10 BFP#2 06/14/10 EDD 02/23/11 Daniel Victor arrived on his EDD 2/23/11!! BFP#3 11/9/11 EDD 7/21/12 Megz

Re: curious..

• So sorry for your loss {{{{hugs}}}} I was told that I only needed to wait until I have one normal cycle. I'm still waiting for AF to arrive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Did you have a d&c or a natural m/c?

With my d&c's, I was told to wait three cycles; with the early natural losses, I was told I did not have to wait. But I wish I had, as the pregnancy after also ended in loss. This time my doc told me to wait one cycle, just in case.

Best of luck.

• Loading the player...
  • no, i had no d&c, everything came out naturally...and it's still so real, i feel like sometimes i can't go through this anymore...i just want to be pregnant again, i'm sure u can understand what i mean
    BFP#1 12/11/09, Natural M/C @ 15w1d 2/24/10 BFP#2 06/14/10 EDD 02/23/11 Daniel Victor arrived on his EDD 2/23/11!! BFP#3 11/9/11 EDD 7/21/12 Megz
  • imagemegz796:
    no, i had no d&c, everything came out naturally...and it's still so real, i feel like sometimes i can't go through this anymore...i just want to be pregnant again, i'm sure u can understand what i mean

I certainly can, but it is VERY important that you discuss this with your doc and follow their advice.

• So sorry for your loss.  For each person and each doctor, the wait is different.  Most doctors will tell you to wait between 1 and 3 months depending on your particular situation.  For me, I was one of the few that got the go about two weeks later.  My advice is for you to wait your doctor's recommended time.  If he or she hasn't given you a timeline, call and ask for one.  GL!
    Pregnancy Ticker dx Hypothyroidism 11/08 BFP #1 10.12.09, Missed m/c at 11 wks 3 days measuring 9 wks, no hb D&C 12.01.09 BFP #2 11.22.11...Summer Elizabeth Born 11.29.11! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  My doctor told me we can start trying again after my period, which came 30 days after my natural m/c.  Most Dr's will say to wait one period after a natural m/c. Make sure you check with your doctor though! Also, make sure that YOU are ready to try again. 

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.   

• I'm so sorry for your loss.((HUGS)) 

I was told after 2 full cycles we can start trying again. 

I hope this helps.  

• I'm sorry for your loss.  I was told to wait 1 cycle before ttc again
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 Natural MC @ 7wks 6days Missed MC @ 7wks 6days, baby measured 6wks 3days
  • I'm very sorry for your loss.

My doc said 2 cycles. You'll find everyone has a different answer to this question. 

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After my D&C, I was told to wait 2 cycles after AF.  AF came 35 days after D&C.  Emotionally/mentally, I was nowhere near ready to try again at that point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemegz796:
    no, i had no d&c, everything came out naturally...and it's still so real, i feel like sometimes i can't go through this anymore...i just want to be pregnant again, i'm sure u can understand what i mean

I too had a natural mc in Nov. and did not get a visit from AF until Jan. 30th.  This was because it took forever my levels to go down.  We were told that we could try after our first visit from AF!!  Ask you dr. and also make sure that your dr. is monitoring your HcG levels. 

I am really sorry for you loss and hope you stay here is brief.

• I was also told two full cycles, and I agree with PP - check with your doc!

So sorry for your loss!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I was told to wait 2 cycles.

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a natural m/c at 7 weeks and I was told to wait 2 full cycles.  Please follow your doctors orders.  I wasn't even emotionally ready until a few weeks ago. 
    Natural m/c 12/24/09. IUI #1 BFN. IUI #2 Chemical. IUI #3 BFN. Diagnosis MFI. IVF #1 BFP. Adriana 4/11/12.
  • So sorry for your loss, I was told to wait 1 cycle.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I had a natural m/c as well. I am so sorry for your loss and that you had to go through that.

My doctor said to wait 3 weeks before having sex, and 2 cycles before trying to conceive again. At first I was very, very frustrated by this, but as time has passed I think that this is good advice. I am really not ready to start trying at this point.

BFP 1/8/10, missed mc 2/15/10, baby @8w3d. Natural mc 2/23/10 Goodbye our sweet little peanut. We love you so. Every lament is a love song...
    Harper Oksana, born on her due date, January 20, 2011, and the love of my life
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was told to wait two cycles.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I am so sorry for your loss.  :(

I was told to wait one cycle.  We just started trying again.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Thanks for all the answers and advice ladies...I really do appreciate it.  I know listening to my doctor is best, and he told us when he gives us the ok, we should have no problems, i see him for my follow up appt next week...But DH and I have discussed TTC again, and I feel both of us are ready for this.  I was told I might not even be able to get pregnant b/c I had leukemia at 17 yrs old and then I found out I was pregnant 3 mos to the day of our wedding, and this is something we both want and are ready for in our lives at the point.  It's good to hear the different opinions and advice from everyone here though =).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"