Nurseries and Baby Gear

mobile - yes or no?

My friends that have kids swear by this Ocean Wonders Aquarium thing that goes in inside the crib (hanging on the side)...its so cute and the baby can eventually stop/start it on its own.  

But I also got a mobile....which kinda makes the crib look very cluttered.

Do I really need both?  What are you having?

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: mobile - yes or no?

• OK, my SIL also swears by that Ocean Wonders Aquarium thing. Said her baby will now even wake up and stay entertained for another hour alone with it letting them sleep in more. I'm going to register for one and skip the mobile. I have heard from multiple people that the mobiles don't do anything for their children---but everyone is different.
  • No way!  It's really cute and not gaudy at all. It also comes with a remote so that you can turn it off & on from the doorway.

I think I am going to return the mobile...and on top of that, the mobile says that you should take it down after 5 months or whenever the baby can reach and grab...I guess there's a choking hazard or something with the things hanging. 

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Good point about the mobile. They seem so like more of a decorative piece than functional. I just added the Ocean Wonders to my registry. A lot of the reviews said their children used it for well over a year. That's worth the $35! LOL.
  • I hung our mobile over the changing table from the ceiling.  I liked it much better, and he enjoyed watching it during changes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not having either.  I'm hanging tissue poms from the ceiling above the crib.  I'm kind of doing it more for the look.  And I don't really want anything in the crib when LO is trying to sleep.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a mobile that hangs from the ceiling. I also have a crib toy.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • DS wakes every morning and "talks" to his mobile friends and when I go get him he has the biggest grin on his face. That is worth all the clutter in the world!
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I got both the acquarium toy and a mobile for my now 2 yo DD. She loved the mobile at first, but they do outgrow them when they can stand in the crib. She did not show much interest in the acquarium toy until much later (well after a year old), so for us both were a good buy. I got DS a mobile, and will get a second crib toy for him if DD is still using hers then.
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecmcmillan:
    I hung our mobile over the changing table from the ceiling.  I liked it much better, and he enjoyed watching it during changes.

This is what I plan on doing. LO will be sleeping in the PnP at first, by the time he/she moves to the crib, I'm sure it would be about time to remove it anyways.

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"