Baby Showers
Options

Girly Baby Shower?

My BFF has 2 boys and is pregnant with her first girl.  They are beyond thrilled about having a baby girl!  I am hosting a baby shower for her and would like to make it very, very girly.  Since she has all the major baby stuff she will need from her first two, she isn't going to register and really just wants clothes for her.  So, I'm looking for suggestions that will help with this.  We are going with a "fashion show/build the wardrobe" theme and I am putting this poem on the invite:

_________ can't wear blue,
only pink will do.
Let's fill her closet with ribbons and bows,
a wardrobe full of girly clothes.

I'm also thinking about having a clothes line up where I will pin each outfit after it is opened.

All the decor will, of course, be pink.

Is there anything else you can think of that would be very girly and/or go with the clothing theme?  Any other ideas for food, games, decor, details that should go on the invite, favors, etc.?  TIA!

Re: Girly Baby Shower?

• Options

The first thought that comes to my mind is Barbie!

You can get some cute iron-on emblems and plain pink or white onsies and have the guests make those at the shower. Also, you can use pretty ribbons and have guests guess the size of mom's belly in ribbon. Guests can then use the ribbon to make hair bows and they can hot-glue them to little hair clips.

• Options

if i have a girl, then i told my friend that wants to throw me a shower that i'd like to do a tea party type thing...that sounds really girly to me.  someone else said they did that and everyone wore big hats and went all out w/ the theme.

i also just want outfits and maybe diapers, so that poem is super cute...might need to borrow it :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think of a girly teddy with a bow or Hello Kitty with a bow (and you can actually get a hello kitty and change out the outfits).

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    My GF is throwing a tea party themed shower for me with a shabby chic feel to it with finger sandwiches and tea cakes doesnt get more girly than high noon tea =) we have been going to thrift stores to find pretty tea cups and tea party realted things it is really fun!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"