Alabama Babies

Bibs and burp cloths?

Hey ladies...I was reading a post on 3rd tri and someone mentioned putting bibs in the kitchen cabinet w/the bottles and things...I've organized all of LO's bibs in his room...where do you put bibs and burp cloths?

Re: Bibs and burp cloths?

• In her room in her changing table.  We grab a fresh one each morning and use it until it's dirty or we need a new one.  It's just habit for me and makes more sense than the kitchen.
  • p.s. Outside of company coming over, our bottles NEVER make it into the kitchen cabinet.  They sit arranged on the countertop awaiting assembly or in the fridge.  So again, for us, it wouldn't make much sense.
  • Loading the player...
  • it sounds like we're on the same page...thx!
  • In the top drawer of her dresser in her room.  We get a fresh one each morning and then change as needed throughout the day.  Like MrsB unless I have company coming over her bottles are on the counter with the water in them so all I have to do is mix in the formula...they very rarely make it to the cabinet. 
  • There are drawers under my changing table and bibs are there. Burp towels can be found everywhere in my house... it's a necessity for me lol.
  • Oh and like MrsB and stargazer--- my bottle NEVER see the cabinet, unless company is coming.
  • Top drawer in his dresser.  Putting on a fresh bib is a part of the getting dressed routine for us so it's more practical for them to be in his room.
  • So I'm beginning to see a trend here...bibs in the nursery!
  • ;)

Anything else we can clear up for you that the 3rd tri ladies are leading you astray on?  Hehe.

• imageMrsB2007:

;)

Anything else we can clear up for you that the 3rd tri ladies are leading you astray on?  Hehe.

I'm sure there will be...I'm in the process of organizing the closet...oh, when you were putting things in the dresser drawers did you go ahead and take tags off or wait until you got ready to use stuff? I have a drawer full of socks but they are all individual pairs from Target...your thoughts?

• You'll use ALL of your socks.  I promise!  :)

We only took the tags off of things we were washing and knew we would keep/use and the minute we got home (when we knew how little/big she was) we took the tags off of everything else and threw it in the wash.  We used everything (she was actually in NB stuff until she was like 8 weeks old), but I wouldn't wash everything just yet. 

• imageMrsB2007:

You'll use ALL of your socks.  I promise!  :)

We only took the tags off of things we were washing and knew we would keep/use and the minute we got home (when we knew how little/big she was) we took the tags off of everything else and threw it in the wash.  We used everything (she was actually in NB stuff until she was like 8 weeks old), but I wouldn't wash everything just yet. 

I agree 100%...I washed a couple of NB and a couple of 0-3 outfits, all my socks, and some receiving blankets before she got here...when she was born and I saw how little she was all the rest of the NB stuff got washed..she was in NB until 6-7 weeks.  But I wouldn't wash it all until after he is born, because you just never know!  

• we bought one of those long hangy things for the closet with the individual slots for her bibs, burp cloths, blakets and towels, and surprisingly they still stay that way! and I agree with the girls... you will use all the socks! And something we do is wash all the socks in a mesh bag, that way you don't lose those little things! They can be a pain.

and I also agree with the girls... my bottles never make it to the cabinet. They stay on the drying rack unless company comes over, and sometimes I don't even care! Another bit of advice it took me awhile to figure out... get more than enough bottles. Once I figured out what bottle worked for DD, I went out and bought a ton more b/c it cuts down on washing time!

• I guess I'm the minority here, but we keep the bibs in a kitchen drawer close to where her high chair is.

We actually never used bibs until K was around 5/6 months old and starting eating tablefoods. (She was never a spitter upper or a drooler so we never had a need for them.)

Now, when she is feeding herself and makes a mess... and so we go through a bib at every meal. When we put her in her high chair she knows what is coming and gets impatient for her food and her bib, so for us it would be a pain to go back to the other end of the house to get one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• imageMissLMS:

I guess I'm the minority here, but we keep the bibs in a kitchen drawer close to where her high chair is.

We actually never used bibs until K was around 5/6 months old and starting eating tablefoods. (She was never a spitter upper or a drooler so we never had a need for them.)

Now, when she is feeding herself and makes a mess... and so we go through a bib at every meal. When we put her in her high chair she knows what is coming and gets impatient for her food and her bib, so for us it would be a pain to go back to the other end of the house to get one.

same here.  his bibs are in a drawer in the kitchen, and he only wears one when eating in his chair. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm happy to know that you guys don't put bottles in the cabinets.  I just realized I have no extra cabinet space for anything.
  • Bibs are kept in a drawer in his room...he has to have one at all times or his outfit will be SOAKED.  I like to call him Sir Drools-A-Lot :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"