Breastfeeding

Milk protein allergy & blood in diaper

We determined that my DS has a milk protein allergy around Christmas.  So I have eliminated all obvious dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.) since then.

This morning and once the other day I saw a tiny bit of blood in his diaper again, and his stools are green like they were before my elimination diet. 

Has anyone dealt with a reoccurrance of symptoms?  If so, did you determine a cause?  What is the next step?  I'm wondering if I accidently had some hidden dairy (at a restaurant perhaps?) recently which has caused this.  I'm calling the doctor in the AM, but in the meantime, I'm curious if anyone else has gone thru this and what their results were.  Are blood tests in order?

TIA!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Milk protein allergy & blood in diaper

• Luckily we were fine after eliminating only the obvious dairy, but I did ask what the next step would be if that didn't work. My pedi suggested the next step to be completely cutting out all dairy (read labels very carefuly) for 2 weeks, and then if that didn't work, to also eliminate soy.

Dairy and soy allergies often go hand in hand.

Good luck!! I know it's hard, but it won't be forever!

• Just a thought but I recently figured out that there is dairy in the Hylands teething tablets.  Have you used those?  Other than that i bet some dairy snuck in.  We have had "soy-surprises" frequently.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHoovereeno:

Dairy and soy allergies often go hand in hand.

I did have a couple of soy lattes from Starbucks this past week.....perhaps those did it?  Thanks for your input!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"