Baby Names

Blind Date vs. Lawyer test

I saw this on Dr Phil and we think it's BRILLIANT!   When trying to choose a name, put it in these two sentences:

"I'd like to set you up on a date with my friend _________"

"I'd like to introduce you to your lawyer ______________"

If it doesn't work with BOTH of these scenarios, PICK ANOTHER NAME! :)  In other words, it should be a name that is cool and fun, but can also be serious and professional.  Love it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blind Date vs. Lawyer test

• Yes, but most people who pick a name will think it sounds good in those two sentecnes.
  • Well, this is open to interpretation and highly subjective, is it not?
  • Loading the player...
  • That's why you still need opinions, and I am more than happy to give mine!!
  • I pretty much always do the opposite of anything that idoit Dr. Phil says.  *gag*
  • DH is a lawyer and his name totally doesn't fit the second sentence. Oh well.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshopgirl_07:
    Well, this is open to interpretation and highly subjective, is it not?

Ditto. I think Addison sounds ridiculous in those sentences, but other people will think they sound fine.  

• I like that. :)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I'd like to set you up on a date with my friend Kandi Kane (could be a WIN if the guy likes those girls)

I'd like to introduce you to your lawyer Kandi Kane (total FAIL!)

• The boy name the love of my life wants would not work for either of those tests.  we are still trying but if we have a boy he wants the name Samanosuke.... I wish I were joking.  It is Japanese it is from the video game Onimusha.  I am just praying that when I do get pregnant that we have a girl.
  • :) haha I always think of something like that when picking names...

I think that Ashley is such a pretty name, but I cannot imagine saying "My moms name is Ashley" or "My doctors name is Ashley".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"