Parenting after a Loss

how to use freezer stash?

i have been building up my freezer stash to prepare for going back to work.  question is though, how to use it?  if it will expire in three months, do you use it regularly and freeze what you pump at work or just use it "just in case?"  oh, and how big was your freezer stash?  do you think that was a good amount to have?

Re: how to use freezer stash?

• My stash isn't very large- I have maybe 12 bags set back? I use what I pump fresh for her bottles, and if she does get hungry again well before I'm supposed to be home and has gone through what I've left, then the stash is there to be broken into. We've only used it twice- once the first day I worked b/c I had no idea exactly how much to leave and I undershot, and the second time when I think she must have been starting a growth spurt or something, b/c she ate like crazy all day, even off of me when I got home.
  • I give fresh milk Tues through Fri. Mondays he gets the oldest milk in the freezer. I have hundreds of ounces now... It's basically "just in case" milk. If I get sick, have to have surgery, etc.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When I went back to work, I had to give daycare 3 bottles a day - 2 of those from the freezer stash and one fresh. I had them use the freezer stash first then the fresh one. Whatever I pumped I would then freeze everything except the one bottle for the next day. When I went back to work I had like 500oz I think in our freezer. I had a spreadsheet that told me what was in the freezer and the dates of the bags.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am using mine for when I need to leave my LO. I only leave him 2 days per week when I travel, so I am not pumping the day before for him.

I may try using my pumped milk from Tuesday on Thursday, but I'm not sure how that will work out. I also use it when I need to run errands or go out without my LO. That is not very often.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"