North Dakota Babies

NBR: Ankle Update

Hey Ladies! Looks like I've got a bunch of catching up to do (again). Work has been crazy - they laid off someone in my department and gave me pretty much her entire work load. 

I saw the ortho doc on Thursday to follow up with my ankle. He said I did an impressive amount of damage considering I didn't tear or break anything. The good news - no surgery right now. The bad news - surgery isn't off the table completely. I stretched a few ligaments to the point that the whole joint is unstable. He's hoping with time & PT everything will tighten back up and that will be the end of it (well, until the next time I do something stupid to it!)

I also have two deep bone bruises. When I planted my foot, I managed to smack two of the bones together. He said that's just going to take a lot of time to heal and there isn't much he can do to help.

So, I'm out of the boot and into some complicated brace (lots of straps and laces and velcro - a little intimidating at first.) I start PT on Monday.

Ok, now off to catch up on what's going on with everyone else! 

Re: NBR: Ankle Update

• At least you don't have to have surgery right now.  Hopefully with time & the pt your ankle will heal naturally.

I hope it gets better soon for you and that you don't need surgery.

A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • That was quite a fall you took.  Crazy!  No surgery vibes!!!

• Loading the player...
  • yikes- I hope P/T works for you and no surgery vibes.
  • I had a deep bone bruise on my knee once and it was miserable.  Sounds like you have the same brace thing I had.  (Maybe a different shape for knee vs. ankle though.) 

I'm really hoping for no surgery for you Jen!!

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Oooh owie!!!!!  Ice it and take good care of it.  And if you want my completely lopsided advice do not get surgery!!!  Ugh, what a pain in the ass that is!

Ok, seriously, do  everything they tell you to do at PT and hopefully you won't need surgery.  Because somewhat painful obnoxious PT isn't nearly as annoying as painful obnoxious surgery!  Feel better soon!!!

• Thanks for any and all no surgery vibes! :)

Unfortunately, I've already had to have surgery on this ankle once, so I know what I'd be getting into (and it scares me!!). I have a feeling I'm going to be in the brace for a long, long time - but that beats the alternative.  

• Jen, I am so glad to hear that surgery is on the back burner.  I really hope that PT will help & you will be able to avoid surgery all together!!
  • I hope you can avoid the surgery!  Here's to hoping you feel better asap!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"