Multiples

So MoMs how many time have you heard this??

"I wish i had twins it would be easy just get it over with at once"

Are these women NUTSSS!!! Let me start this post off with i LOVE my LOs and wouldnt trade them for the world buuuuut i would not say twins or multiples are easier!! Now i will also say that this is all i know having never had a singelton. 

I got attacked by a group of women in target at the service counter...the other day when DH and i went in to buy more formula.  I had to listen to stories about how thier great uncle twice removed was a twin and how they thought for sure they would have twins and how much easier that would have been,  WOW!!! DH and i just stood there in shock especially when one woman reached for the stroller where DD & DS were napping and pulled the recieving blanket off DS carseat to look at him.. i almost broke her arm!!!

Re: So MoMs how many time have you heard this??

• Yep...many times....but to be 100% honest and come clean, my whole life I always said I wanted twins because I always thoughts it would be easier to go through everything once! hehe.

In hind sight, I still sort of think that in some aspects (only be regnant once and all that comes with that -weight gain, etc-, only go through diaper changing for a limited number of years, be sleep deprived for a number of years, etc).  So not to say I think it's easier, but I do think it has it's advantages!!!.

The biggest advantage of all, when they start entertaining themselves by playing with each other! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All. The. Time.

99% of the time I just smile and say nothing... every now and then I say something like "there is a huge increased risk of problems when you are pg with twins- so consider yourself lucky that you didn't have to worry about all the added things that can go wrong".... and then leave it at that.

I try to remember that before I was TTC and learning about babies/pg and multiples, that I probably thought and maybe even said the same stupid things at some point.

• Loading the player...
  • I haave heard that alot.  Or "Instant Family!" because we have a boy and a girl or "It must be nice to get it all done in one shot!"  I always, always smile but I do get sick of those comments.  Its not an "instant" family. Heck, it took 2 years, lol.  And you don't know if we are done or not! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I always get comments when I am out with the girls.  And when people hear I have another boy, it gets even worse.

Having had a singleton and now twins I can say that having twins is definitely more challenging...but it isn't as bad for me since at least I've been through the baby stage before.  Balancing newborn twins and a toddler...well...that's the real challenge. 

I have little signs to hang on their car seats so people don't touch them (they are preemies and more susceptible to germs).  People are just amazed by twins/multiples and think they are public property.

• I get the "instant family" and "done in one shot" comments a lot like the PP since I also have b/g twins.  Everyone goes, "wow, that must be nice!"

Well - it is.  haha.

I am lucky, my pregnancy was easy so for me it actually was easier, I think, to have twins.  I would love to be pregnant again but it would be inconvenient (another birth, another maternity leave, etc).

When the babies are being difficult I ask myself though, is 2 babies harder than it would be to have a baby and a toddler?  I am not sure.  The latter sounds more difficult to me! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We cannot go anywhere without constant attention but we hear the opposite kind of remarks such as "i am glad it's you not me" to which we have learned to reply "we are glad it is us to".  Why do people think they have the right to comment on it when there is more than one baby?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Visit our blog at www.benandkarisjourneytoparenthood.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"