Preemies

If you have toddler(s) & a preemie newborn

We haven't been out since my singleton preemie came home from the NICU due to RSV season.  We were invited to a birthday party and was thinking of taking the twins and leaving the baby at home.  Just wondering what you would do - take the tots and get them out of the house for a bit or just suck it up and stay at home for another month?  My girl is has gotten the synagis shot if that makes any difference.  Thanks!

Re: If you have toddler(s) & a preemie newborn

• If you have someone trustworthy to watch DD, then I would leave her at home and take the boys.  They probably need a little break from their sister and would love to spend time with JUST mommy.
  • Definitely, without a doubt, go to the party with the toddlers.  Wash their hands when they come home and enjoy your day out with your kids!!  When Keira came home DH and I did a lot of juggling Claire to make sure she was still getting out of the house and also getting alone time with either her mommy or daddy.  I think it was really good for her!
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • Loading the player...
  • I would take the tots out.

I have a singleton 2 year old and preemie twins at home.  We try to get my son out every day, even if it is just for a little bit.  i dont' want him to be too cooped up in the house.  Either my husband, my nanny, or myself will take him to an indoor playground, run errands, go out for a play date, etc.  No need for him to suffer too.  :)

• I would definitely take the toddlers out.  Be very vigilant about handwashing while you're out and when you get home.

Have a good time.

• imageMrs.tlcS:

I would definitely take the toddlers out.  Be very vigilant about handwashing while you're out and when you get home.

Have a good time.

I'd go with this plan.  You can't stay cooped up in the house all the time!

• imageborc0080:
    imageMrs.tlcS:

I would definitely take the toddlers out.  Be very vigilant about handwashing while you're out and when you get home.

Have a good time.

I'd go with this plan.  You can't stay cooped up in the house all the time!

me too!

• My problem has been my tot gets sick and he gets the premie twins sick.  B/c of that I've learned limiting Harm's exposure is the most important thing!  I would suck it up and keep everyone inside.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"