Austin Babies
Options

NBR: Anti-barking birdhouse thing?

I remember us (or maybe it was the Nest board?) talking about a birdhouse device that emits some noise/signal to keep dogs from barking...? 

Anyone remember that? Or does anyone have one they KNOW works and care to share where they got it? AND, last question, any chance it will shut our backyard neighbor's dog up? That thing barks all. the. time. and I am sick and dang tired of it waking up my daughter.

Thanks!

And grrrrrrrrrrr. 

Re: NBR: Anti-barking birdhouse thing?

• Options
    Sorry about the barking dog but I cant find the post.  Maybe the Queen of finding stuff, Ms. Taytee can!
    Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I believe KimbieBride is the person who first got one, and then someone else bought one on her recommendation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is the one I recommend.  It's worked well for us and for our old neighbor's dog.  We bought ours at WalMart for $50, but I don't see it on their web site anymore.  They also had them at Petco or Petsmart.
  • Options

imageEmer:
    This is the one I recommend.  It's worked well for us and for our old neighbor's dog.  We bought ours at WalMart for $50, but I don't see it on their web site anymore.  They also had them at Petco or Petsmart.

I'm so curious about this.  It says not to hang it higher than 5 feet, and have no large objects between it and the darking dog... so where do you put it? Over the fence in their side?  How would they be okay with that?  The concept seems legit - unless there is just a super stubborn dog next door - but the placement seems important and diffcult at the same time. 

• Options
    imageshanwalk2:

imageEmer:

I'm so curious about this.  It says not to hang it higher than 5 feet, and have no large objects between it and the darking dog... so where do you put it? Over the fence in their side?  How would they be okay with that?  The concept seems legit - unless there is just a super stubborn dog next door - but the placement seems important and diffcult at the same time. 

We hung it from a tree- it was probably a little over 6' high.  The tree was large, but it hung above the fence line.  We have a little dog, medium dog, and big dog and the neighbor dog was big.  It worked on all four of them. 

• Options

One of our neighbors got one for his 5 yappy little dogs, and it didn't work at all.  It just pissed off all the other neighborhood dogs worse, made his yap more and drove all of us humans nutty.  

For about a month, we couldn't figure out where the intermittent beeping was coming from and it sounded like it was in the empty house next door.  Then we thought it was coming from the house behind us, but that neighbor turned out to be a 92 year-old woman who 1) couldn't pick up the beeping on her hearing aid and 2) actually likes to hear dogs bark because it makes her feel secure.  It went on for another month until the one neighbor finally admitted he had the device and had thrown it away. Apparently, he had the volume turned up so high it was echoing off of the surrounding houses, making it so we could hear it, but couldn't pinpoint the source. 

Long story short, I wouldn't buy one unless it had a volume control for the humans' sanity sake.  

• Options

imagenaclh2otaffy:
    I believe KimbieBride is the person who first got one, and then someone else bought one on her recommendation.

Oh no, it was one of our neighbors (a nice one, not the jerky one) and it did not work at all.  Remember all the UFO jokes? We couldn't find the source of the annoying beep?  (see above post)   I don't know if his was a birdhouse though.  It could have been some other bark/beep device.   Whatever it was, it sucked. 

• Options
    Oops. I remembered it had something to do with you, an elderly neighbor and an abandoned house. Thanks for filling in the rest of the story.
  • Options
    I know our neighbor got one for some dogs that live behind us.  He said that it worked at first but he thinks they got used to it.  Those dogs are obnoxious and taunt our dog.  I can ask him where he got it if you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"