Attachment Parenting

Embrace your inner crunchiness, DH, it's ok, really, it's ok.

So, we were having a discussion today in the car about stereotypes and what we would fall into. DH thinks we're rednecks (because we camp and he drives a truck and listens to country music, I guess... maybe there is a bit of redneck in us Wink) and I told him that I'd consider us more along the lines of being crunchy. He's like, no, we're not crunchy! I just gave him a look and asked him how many of his friends composted, recycled, consciously bought recycled products, grow their own veggies, buy organic, EBF, wear their babies and co-sleep. He didn['t have much to say after that. I think he must think of "crunchy" people as being weird hippies... which they can be. But I think they can be "normal" people just like us to.

Re: Embrace your inner crunchiness, DH, it's ok, really, it's ok.

• my H claims that I'm a hippy, but he is not ;) 
  • imagecindy453:
    my H claims that I'm a hippy, but he is not ;) 

This is exactly what mine says too.  If it makes him feel better, that's fine with me.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • DH calls us "Cuppys" since we are "yuppy" by definition but way more crunchy than most in our area;)

• My husband was the crunchy/hippy when we met. But I have fully embraced my inner crunch! lol
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm getting crunchier and crunchier since the LO has made her appearance.  I don't consider myself to be a big environmentalist but I hate the idea that my DD is exposed to nasty chemicals.  We've just done a sweep of all of our old personal care and household products and replaced them with non-toxic organic products.  We're CDing which I never in a million years thought I would do. 

• imageAnother Jennifer:

I'm getting crunchier and crunchier since the LO has made her appearance. 

Exactly!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"