Houston Babies

week # Q

MIL gave me a pregnancy journal and, after i filled it out today, it has me as being 13w3d right now, when i've been thinking i'll be 13w on monday.  I filled in my due date first and then went back filling the dates out.  DH went through and checked and i didn't miss any days or have pages stuck together or anything. any ideas why it's so off? 

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: week # Q

• because you start being pregnant and you're already in week one of pregnant, even though you're like 5d pregnant, does that make sense?
  • i thought, at conception, you are 2 weeks pregnant since it all starts with the 1st day of your last cycle.  this journal accounts for those two weeks.

can you explain the 5 day thing a little more?  sorry if i'm being dense; i blame pg brain  :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagehendy02:

i thought, at conception, you are 2 weeks pregnant since it all starts with the 1st day of your last cycle.  this journal accounts for those two weeks.

can you explain the 5 day thing a little more?  sorry if i'm being dense; i blame pg brain  :)

You right, it's 2 weeks because you count from your LMP and usually you ovulate 2 weeks later.  Not sure about why your journal is off though.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • What day of the week is your due date?  My due date was on a Saturday, so I always turned another week (example 37 weeks and 0 days pregnant) on a Saturday.  That might help you double check things.  What is your ticker using to calculate where you are at?
  • my day of the week is monday.   so, as i've investigated more last night and today, everywhere has the same # of days left (191!); it's just the week/day # that's different in the journal.  my doctors office has always said monday is 13 weeks, so i'll stick with that.  who knows what's up with the journal...

LOL  i just noticed my ticker here says 190 days left.  i give up  :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• When you are 0w5d pregnant (5 days from your LMP) you're in your first week of pregnancy.

Like when your baby is born, they are in their first year of life, even though the aren't yet a full year old.

A lot of week-by-week pregnancy books are that way as well - they all start with week one, not week zero.

So when you're 12w3d pregnant, you're in your 13th week.  When you hit 13w0d, you've started your 14th week.

• imagekat.in.the.hat:

When you are 0w5d pregnant (5 days from your LMP) you're in your first week of pregnancy.

Like when your baby is born, they are in their first year of life, even though the aren't yet a full year old.

A lot of week-by-week pregnancy books are that way as well - they all start with week one, not week zero.

So when you're 12w3d pregnant, you're in your 13th week.  When you hit 13w0d, you've started your 14th week.

ah, i see what you mean.  :)  i'll go see if that makes the journal make sense -- thanks!!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"