Cincinnati Babies
Options

CD leaks

I've been using BG 3.0s for a week now, and I really like them!  We've done pretty well so far, but last night we had a leak, and then again in the first diaper of the day.  I'm using the regular and newborn inserts with every diaper just in case.  Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong, or what I could do to prevent leaks?  I can understand the one overnight (although he usually didn't leak with disposables), but the other one was only on for about three hours, which isn't much for him.  I don't know if I don't have it on tight enough, or if there's something else I'm missing.  Someone else told me one time that when a diaper is new, washing it the first several times will increase absorbancy.  Is that true?

I know I've asked a million questions, but thanks for all of your help!

Brady 7/29/2009 Avery 4/1/2011

Re: CD leaks

• Options

You should only have to wash the BG once for prep so I don't think that's the problem....

And if you just started using them I doubt you have any detergent build up..

It's more than likely the fit. Have you tried different sizes to see which work best??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    how wet is the insert?  If it's soaked, you have a heavy wetter and you need to stuff it more.  If it's pretty dry, it's probably a fit issue- gaps around the legs, etc. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HEMP!  I love hemp for stopping leaks.  Just put a hemp insert under your BG insert, and it will help with absorption.  I agree that BG3.0 are good to go with a single wash.  Are the leg openings snug?  Any gaping in the waist?  If not, you have a heavy wetter.  I have one here too.  I use hemp at night, and have started using them in my day diapers too.  I use these since they are sold in a 2 pack for the same price as a single Joey Bunz hemp.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"