Two Under 2

Lame but.... Showing sooner?

First observe the ticker. I know that what I have going on is not baby... it is bloat, but when I was at a second hand sale this AM, TWO people asked when I was due.....

I look huge. Is this because they are SO close in age, or just that I need to watch it. I am in maternity pants now.  I always rolled my eyes at posts like this, but it is happening to me. 

Re: Lame but.... Showing sooner?

• I was in maternity pants at 6 weeks with this pregnancy!  It is crazy!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • I showed later with #2 (16w with DS, 18w with DD).  But I did bloat more early on with #2, that went down around 10 weeks.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I felt more bloated and big around the middle earlier, but now I'm finding I can feel the bulge lower down in my pelvis starting to poke out a little, which definitely didn't happen until sort of 14-ish weeks last time.
  • Had you got back to your pre pg size before you got pregnant? Maybe [art of it is still left from Linc?

FWIW- I showed a lot faster the second time. I couldnt even fit in my jeans before I knew if I was pregnant and was growing out of my shirts and pants by like 8 weeks. It was a lot harder to hide the second time around.

• I had 10 lbs. that hung around after DD, and then I felt like the minute I got pregnant I was ready for maternity pants.  Everything seems to be stretched/relaxed to the max, and I look ridiculously pregnant at only 16 weeks.  Oh, well.  I'm also not trying to hide anything this time around.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's totally because you just had a baby!!

Did that happen when you were pg with #2?  There was a huge difference for me.  With DS1, at 22 weeks people were just starting to wonder if I was pg.  With DS2, I had strangers asking me at 8 weeks what I was having!

It definitely happens, don't worry about it! 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I was lucky with both, and came home from the hospital 5 or so lbs less than when I went in. I was not in mat. pants after delivery at all.....

I really have not even put on weight.... I am astounded that is all!

• Not lame...I too started getting stranger comments at nine weeks this time around.  It is crazy!  I had to tell my students at 11 weeks because I honestly couldn't hide it anymore.
  • I started showing before I knew I was pregnant this time around.  I couldn't even keep it a secret at work...they all knew from my tummy and I actually started this pregnancy 15 lbs. lighter than my first.  At this point I am not fitting in my maternity clothes from my first time around and I have about 8 more weeks!!!  Strange.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"