Trouble TTC

+OPK, IUI moved up...does this sound right?

So I was scheduled to trigger tonight with IUI Monday morning but I just got a +opk. I called the RE and we're scheduled for IUI tomorrow am. I asked if I still needed to trigger and the receptionist said "no, you've done that on your own"....does that sound right?  I've always got +opk but the doc wanted to try a trigger this go around...I'm assuming the receptionist knows what she's talking about but I had to ask you all if this sounded right to you.  DH and I also had sex this am thinking that would give us 2 full days of abstinence...did I just blow it?
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

TTC #1 since September 2008
All tests normal
IUI #1, 1/31 50mg Clomid BFN!
IUI #2, 2/27 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel trigger BFN!
Laporoscopy March 30th- diagnosed with mild very endometriosis
IUI #3, 10/10, 2.5mg Femara BFN!
Hip Surgery 12/10 and forced TTC break
Diagnosed with gluten and dairy intolerance 12/10
June: TTC with TI and 2.5 mg Femara
IUI #4 & 5 Summer/Fall 2011 with Femara. BFN
11/11 Diagnosed Compound Heterozygous MTHFR- 7.5 mg Deplin
IVF #1 take 1- cancelled due to cyst
IVF #1 take 2- ER Aug 29, 35 retrieved ET Sept 3- 1 beautiful embryo transfered. 11 frozen embryos (AKA snow babies)
BFP Sept 11, 2012 :D
Suffering from moderate OHSS

Re: +OPK, IUI moved up...does this sound right?

• yeah, she's right. Once your body O's on its own there is no need to trigger :)

I think that sex this morning + IUI tomorrow + sex tomorrow night/sun am could really cover all areas!

GL!! I hope this is it for you!

10-8-12: Grant is born!! Now a family of 5! 2-3-12: Totally unexpected BFP!! 12-10-10: Vera and Nora are born! *Beta#1(13dpFET):262*~ *Beta#2(20dpFET)4,835 TWINS!!!!!*~*Beta#3(@6wks)11,032 TRIPLETS!!!!! Baby A h/b: 109. Baby B h/b 112. Baby C h/b *praying* 4-6-10: FET (2 ET)....BFP 1-15-10: IVF (2 ET)..... BFN (1-28) 1-12-10: ER! 21 eggs! 10 to keep, 11 to donate :) 8-11-09: IUI #4 (FSH hCG) BFP .... 9-08: C/P 6-19-09: IUI #3 (FSH hCG) BFN 5-28-09: IUI #2 redo (FSH hCG) BFN 5-08-09: HSG: All clear! 4-21-09: IUI #2 canceled (clomid reaction) 4-1-09: IUI #1 (natural) BFN 9/08: S/A less than 5mil (10% mobile) -varicoseal surgery to fix...results worth it! 5/06: Endometriosis surgery 9/07: off of BCP A rejection is Gods protection. A dissapointment is His reappointment
  • Yep, that sounds right :)  You're surging on your own and will ovulate tomorrow or the next day (my RE says 33 hours after a +OPK - that may just be an average.  I wouldn't worry about sex today.  He will likely be fine tomorrow.  I forget, do you guys have MFI?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegymnst1013:
    Yep, that sounds right :)  You're surging on your own and will ovulate tomorrow or the next day (my RE says 33 hours after a +OPK - that may just be an average.  I wouldn't worry about sex today.  He will likely be fine tomorrow.  I forget, do you guys have MFI?

We don't know yet about MFI...he had a great SA in July but his sample last IUI had low motility, 34%. Not sure if that was because we brought it in vs. him doing it there. He'll be doing it there this IUI..  Are we sure I don't trigger...I was reading online that a trigger ensures you actually ovulate and can be used as a back-up even after a OPK.  I'm being ridiculous huh?

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

All tests normal
    IVF #1 take 2- ER Aug 29, 35 retrieved ET Sept 3- 1 beautiful embryo transfered. 11 frozen embryos (AKA snow babies)
  • I've always triggered on the day I get a positive OPK, so I've always started surging on my own.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imageL&R70707:
    I've always triggered on the day I get a positive OPK, so I've always started surging on my own.

Do you go in the very next day then for IUI?

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

All tests normal
  • imageSki&Sail09:

imageL&R70707:
    I've always triggered on the day I get a positive OPK, so I've always started surging on my own.

My first IUI was b2b, so I went in the next day and the day after....last cycle was screwed to hell because of snowstorms, so I actually triggered the morning after they told me I started to surge, and then went in the next day for IUI.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imageL&R70707:
    imageSki&Sail09:

imageL&R70707:

My first IUI was b2b, so I went in the next day and the day after....last cycle was screwed to hell because of snowstorms, so I actually triggered the morning after they told me I started to surge, and then went in the next day for IUI.

K, thanks. I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back since I always surge on my own I want to make sure the recpetionist was right. I think the doc wanted to trigger anyway so I'm all confused.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

All tests normal
  • imagekdodge423:
    imageAutumnBride102007:

yeah, she's right. Once your body O's on its own there is no need to trigger :) So very wrong. It's used for ensuring proper timing with IUI's.

I would call back and ask to speak with a doctor or nurse. Receptionists are not medical professionals and should not be giving you ANY medical information ever.

Thanks Kdodge. I did just that and am waiting for a call back.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

All tests normal
  • OK, so the nurse said it's not necessary to take the trigger but it won't hurt if I do.I can do what I want though.  What would you do?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

All tests normal
  • imageSki&Sail09:
    OK, so the nurse said it's not necessary to take the trigger but it won't hurt if I do.I can do what I want though.  What would you do?

I would, int his case the shot is not a trigger but a enhancement (as explained by my RE). And if you have more mature follies you may release those too.

TTC since 1/2008
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSki&Sail09:

imagegymnst1013:
    Yep, that sounds right :)  You're surging on your own and will ovulate tomorrow or the next day (my RE says 33 hours after a +OPK - that may just be an average.  I wouldn't worry about sex today.  He will likely be fine tomorrow.  I forget, do you guys have MFI?

We don't know yet about MFI...he had a great SA in July but his sample last IUI had low motility, 34%. Not sure if that was because we brought it in vs. him doing it there. He'll be doing it there this IUI..  Are we sure I don't trigger...I was reading online that a trigger ensures you actually ovulate and can be used as a back-up even after a OPK.  I'm being ridiculous huh?

I've personally never triggered.  I always surge and ovulate on my own - IUI is the day after +OPK.

As for the motility issue, I wouldn't worry about sex this morning having to do with that.  I would be more worried (but not really worried) about count.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegymnst1013:
    imageSki&Sail09:

imagegymnst1013:

I've personally never triggered.  I always surge and ovulate on my own - IUI is the day after +OPK.

As for the motility issue, I wouldn't worry about sex this morning having to do with that.  I would be more worried (but not really worried) about count.

Ya, that's our worry too but it is what it is at this point. DH just gave me the trigger. Can't hurt and trying something new this go around may be the ticket. We shall see.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

All tests normal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"