Cincinnati Babies

Headed to BRU to buy a new pump

Due to low funds, being on bedrest and not sure if BFing would work or not - I've been using a second hand Medela PIS. I asked the LC in the hospital if it was okay to use it, she said that as long as we know the person pretty well she saw no issues.

Well recently I've noticed that it's not sucking as it should. I have it turned up all the way on the vacuum and the speed. After speaking with another LC, she said they are only good for about 1,000 hours or so.

So - I just said screw it I'm buying me a new one. I have a 20% off at BRU, so I'm going there to buy myself one. I'm  hoping it sucks like it should. I figure that's my anniversary and  birthday present for myself - haha.

Is the Metro Bag worth it? Or should I just stick with the shoulder bag/backpack PIS?

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

Re: Headed to BRU to buy a new pump

• Good for you -- hopefully the new pump will work much more efficiently for you and reduce some of your stress about your supply.

I have the Metro bag and to me the only difference is being able to take out all of the parts, including the pump.  If I were you, I'd stick with the shoulder bag/backpack and save a few bucks.

Let us know how it goes!!

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • I had the backpack and it worked fine.  I too wanted to save a few bucks and didn't see benefit to other bags...
    Mason Louise
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I used the shoulder bag because I wanted it to blend in with my stuff when I was at school.  It worked just fine. And you can take the pump out of that one too (it's just velcroed).  Enjoy your new pump!  It sounds like the motor is dying. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"