Washington Babies

Has anyone eaten at John Howie's?

I was curious as to if any of you ladies have eaten at John Howie's in Bellevue?  My mom is coming to stay for a few days so DH and I are taking advantage of it and going there tonight for dinner.  H picked the place out because he wants to try a swanky place that is all about steak. 

If you have eaten there what do you suggest?  Any good drinks? 

Thanks ladies!

Re: Has anyone eaten at John Howie's?

• I haven't but I feel like someone on this board has mentioned it before. At any rate, have a great time!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • I haven't but am excited to hear what you think, looks like a fun date night place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I have eaten there a couple times!  Wonderful food and fantastic wine list!  Their side salads are huge so consider splitting one.  They used to have the most amazing 3 cheese polenta but they dropped it from the menu for some reason.  If your feeling extra fancy their menu has Kobe beef for a very stiff price.  They also have a pretty good happy hour there too.
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Went there with dh for Valentine's day.  I had the combo USDA steak and US Kobe and it was quite good; husband had the prime rib which was also good.  Have to say Kobe steak is delicious.  The Kobe from Japan is pretty expensive as it is even if you are in Japan.  The spinach salad was huge.  It was good but the size was an entree even though it's listed as a shared salad for two.  The salmon bisque was good.  They gave it as a free sample that day.  Avoid the creme spinach as it was overloaded with butter and tasted too rich for us and ended up being wasted - took 1 bite and was done with it.  The Banana Foster for dessert is better at El Gaucho but it was okay.
  • They cure their own bacon, yummy! I know the chef team there (used to work with the head chef and sous chefs), they have come up with great stuff in the past. I heard awesome things about the bacon mac & cheese.
  • It's my new favorite restaurant! I've been five times now but all for lunch.  The food is delicious and the it's nice without being pretentious.  Steaks are delicious but so is everything else I've had there (seafood chowder or bisque, yellow tomato soup, salads, pasta). 

Mmmmm...now I'm hungry!

• I've been dying to hear how it is because I think we're in dire need of another good steakhouse here.

Can someone giive me an idea of how their steak compares to the Met?

• Thanks ladies, I am looking forward to it! 
  • I realized I've probably missed you but I thought I'd offer my review for others. 

We've been there a few times and it's AMAZING. My husband is a self-professed steakhouse-a-holic and it's his favorite place on the West Coast (the man is serious about his steak). El Gaucho used to be his go-to, but John Howie has taken over that position.

Drinks - they brew their own beer and it's really, really good. Other than that we haven't had man of their drinks, I'm a boring gin and tonic girl. For apps their tempura fried bacon sounds disgusting, but is really amazing. I wanted to hate it, but....We've also had their develed eggs and those are awesome as well.

For entrees, I'm not much on steak but I've had their fish several times and it's always great. DH really liked his NY, he's also had the ribeye but he prefers the NY. 

Hope you had a great time and to those that haven't been there, I'd highly recommend it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WOW!  What an experience.  That place is A-MAZING.  Seriously.  If I were rich I'd eat there monthly but alas I am not so yearly or 5 yearly will have to do. 

I had the Filet Mignon,  it was heavenly...I liked how the put the different kind of salts on the table.  Which I of course put on my steak.  I also had the twice baked 5 cheese potato..which was ginormous.  We had the calamari for an app which was also fab. 
    I had 2 Lemon Drops, and they were fantastic plus they weren't "light" on the alcohol so paying $9 a drink made it ok for me.

Dessert I had the cheese cake and H had the Meyers Lemon pie...he almost cried..I AM NOT KIDDING, over how great this dessert was.  He said it was just as good as the steak and he isn't a sweet person. 

I highly recommend this place.  A++

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"