Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

HeyyRed, I *must* know...

What sort of coffee is it that you use in your house?  

DS is also not sleeping, and I consume loads of the stuff.  I'm rather obsessed with it.  We have a Nespresso machine...I think it's way better than Starbucks, myself. 

If anyone else wants to participate - what kind of coffee/espresso do you use?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: HeyyRed, I *must* know...

• Options
    I'm addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee - we don't have the actual stores out here but you can buy just the coffee beans/ground coffee at the grocerty store/Target. I drink more coffee now than I ever have in my entire life. And I was a barrista all through college!
  • Options
    imagemadameladauphine:

What sort of coffee is it that you use in your house?  

DS is also not sleeping, and I consume loads of the stuff.  I'm rather obsessed with it.  We have a Nespresso machine...I think it's way better than Starbucks, myself. 

If anyone else wants to participate - what kind of coffee/espresso do you use?

We had the nespresso machine, we can't give it away now.  Paying for pods is ridiculous.  We got the Sirena machine for $199 regularly $499, it's a great machine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Peets Coffee!!!!

As my dad likes to say- Its so strong it could put hair on your chest!

• Options

if she is any kind of Canadian I am sure it is Tim Hortons! Big Smile

btw - Hi Red- long time no see!!!

• Options

Kicking Horse - Madame. We really LOVE the Three Sisters Blend which you will appreciate being in Alberta.

Moreover, we are working on a house right now that faces the Three Sisters in Canmore and will be out there in July just after Luke's 1st Birthday.

Of course, we purchased a ridiculously expensive Cuisanart machine to brew it in. We have a fancy Italian Espresso/Capp machine as well but this coffee is so fabulous who really needs it. Perhaps IHH will enjoy seeing the price tag on our kitchen appliances seeing as she's trying to engage in some sort of Coffee Drip Off with me this morning.

Besides, I designed the top Espresso/Capp Bar in Toronto and we get all of our bevvies for free there so when we want the best of the best we go and see our dear friend who owns it! If you are ever in Toronto I will hook you up with that little hot spot. 

• Options
    Dunkin donuts coffee is amazing...way better than Starbucks IMO. 
  • Options

imagemrs.n22:
    We had the nespresso machine, we can't give it away now.  Paying for pods is ridiculous.  We got the Sirena machine for $199 regularly $499, it's a great machine.

The Serena machine is on my wishlist!  I want one so bad!!!!  We have some crappy $30 machine that I got for free but would love to upgrade.  So jealous of you! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageK-I-S-S-I-N-G:

::shudder::

Tim's talk about putting hair on your chest. I HATE Tims but I am sending some to one of the HABS who had it for the first time yesterday and thought it grand. I don't know what kind of coffee y'all are used to in the US but JEEZUS Tim's gives me the skivvs.

How are you KISS? 

• Options
    imageHeyyRed:

Kicking Horse - Madame. We really LOVE the Three Sisters Blend which you will appreciate being in Alberta.

Moreover, we are working on a house right now that faces the Three Sisters in Canmore and will be out there in July just after Luke's 1st Birthday.

Of course, we purchased a ridiculously expensive Cuisanart machine to brew it in. We have a fancy Italian Espresso/Capp machine as well but this coffee is so fabulous who really needs it. Perhaps IHH will enjoy seeing the price tag on our kitchen appliances seeing as she's trying to engage in some sort of Coffee Drip Off with me this morning.

Besides, I designed the top Espresso/Capp Bar in Toronto and we get all of our bevvies for free there so when we want the best of the best we go and see our dear friend who owns it! If you are ever in Toronto I will hook you up with that little hot spot. 

You might impress some people on here with your BS and your bragging about your wonderful life.  YOu couldn't pay me to live your life, and I don't believe a word you say on here. 

• Options

Oooh, Oooh, I'll play!  I hate Starbucks (but I'm from Seattle so we have an abundance of other options and an inherantly snotty attitude).  I think it's bitter and doesn't taste good.  However, it IS strong - crack-strong.  DH and I are coffee addicts - we have 3 different coffee making apparatus (apparati?) in our home.  Anyway - I do only French Roast for the regular coffee and then Espresso obviously for the Espresso machine - if we buy at the grocery store we use Peet's or Tully's (not sure if everyone has these brands or if they are West Coast only...Tully's is a Seattle brand, Peet's is from San Francisco).  We also get beans from some local coffee roasters which are usually the best.  Depending on where you live, I'd go find some local shops/roasters and start talking to them about what's best.

I find there are coffee cities and NON coffee cities.  For example, DH and I spend 5 days in Austin a month ago and were zombies the entire time - cause even at the coffee shops they refused to make strong coffee. 

Minneapolis on the other hand, great coffee.  I think it has something to do with places that need to survive winter/lack of sunshine :D

Good luck!  Stick with the dark roasts and make it strong! 

• Options
    red I thought you loooved tim hortons? Wink
  • Options
    imagemrs.n22:
    imageHeyyRed:

You might impress some people on here with your BS and your bragging about your wonderful life.  YOu couldn't pay me to live your life, and I don't believe a word you say on here. 

seriously? stfu

• Options
    I'm not picky. We have a Keurig brewer so I'll drink anything that comes in K cup form.
  • Options

Senseo. SO yummy.

You have to buy the refills at the Dutch Shop here though.

• Options
    imagemrs.n22:
    imageHeyyRed:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Larry's A$$ on you.

What fabulous life do I talk about on here?

My kid doesn't even come close to STTN, I had a horrendous time getting him to nurse (7 WEEKS OF HELL in fact), now he won't eat food because he loves the boob too much, I work 60 hours a week with him at the office which is a constant tug of war between being a Mommy and a boss and a creative force to be reckoned with, my house looks like a bomb went off, I'd still like to lose an additional 20lbs or so, I haven't slept for more than 3 hours in one continuous go for 8 months now......

but I have a really fabulous coffee system, beans and a husband who is pretty great most of the time and cooks for me, I have 29 fabulous ladies who I share many laughs with on a daily basis and some awesome friends both near and far.... I feel loved on an ongoing basis. I have a roof over my head, my health, health of my loved ones, 3 nice cats who annoy me but they love me too....

You're right. I have a freaking great life even if I don't always appreciate it. 

• Options

imageMamaQuick:

Thanks for the rec!  I haven't tried the Dunkin Donuts coffee....going to Target today so I think I will pick some up.  I love me some caffeine!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAshleyBrynne:
    imagemrs.n22:
    imageHeyyRed:

seriously? stfu

Totally this.  Thanks for hijacking my post with your crapass attitude.

BEAT IT.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm also a Second Cup addict.
  • Options
    imagemadameladauphine:
    imageAshleyBrynne:
    imagemrs.n22:
    imageHeyyRed:

seriously? stfu

BEAT IT.

haha CRAPASS 

• Options

Loves Crapass adds it to Bump Dictionary.

Krystal - I love Second Cup's Caramel Corretto - oh wait, you should know that... WE HAD SECOND CUP TOGETHER IN PERSON!

We should have Second Cup again soon! 

• Options
    imageHeyyRed:
    imageK-I-S-S-I-N-G:

Tim's talk about putting hair on your chest. I HATE Tims but I am sending some to one of the HABS who had it for the first time yesterday and thought it grand. I don't know what kind of coffee y'all are used to in the US but JEEZUS Tim's gives me the skivvs.

How are you KISS? 

LOLSIES!

I am good. I am back over at my homestead- the ol Parenting board. I can't keep up with the drama on this board....so I occasionally lurk, but I see you are still holding rank! Wink

• Options
    imagekrt100706:

imageMamaQuick:

Thanks for the rec!  I haven't tried the Dunkin Donuts coffee....going to Target today so I think I will pick some up.  I love me some caffeine!!!!

*skipping the drama*

Target is the cheapest place to buy it, too. It's a few dollars cheaper than the grocery store - it's nice because it's smooth and not bitter. I laughed when people bragged about it until we tried it!

• Options
    imagemadameladauphine:
    imageAshleyBrynne:
    imagemrs.n22:

seriously? stfu

BEAT IT.

::pees pants::

• Options
    imageHeyyRed:

Krystal - I love Second Cup's Caramel Corretto - oh wait, you should know that... WE HAD SECOND CUP TOGETHER IN PERSON!

yes yes yes yes yes! We will teach our children young. Maybe we can get Luke addicted too and he will leave your boob alone long enough for you to get some sleep. I hear coffee is good for babies.

• Options
    imageK-I-S-S-I-N-G:
    imageHeyyRed:
    imageK-I-S-S-I-N-G:

How are you KISS? 

MMM Hairy chests 

• Options
    imageKrystalD7:
    imageHeyyRed:

yes yes yes yes yes! We will teach our children young. Maybe we can get Luke addicted too and he will leave your boob alone long enough for you to get some sleep. I hear coffee is good for babies.

LARRY'S ASS absolutely let's give our babies coffee and have baby races down the Mall!  

• Options
    imageKrystalD7:
    imageHeyyRed:

::snort::

• Options
    For brewing t home pllleeeaase try Java Delight. It's way better than any of the other home brewed coffee we've tried.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"