Attachment Parenting

Which meat to start with?

I can't decide for the life of me which meat to start with. I am not a huge meat eater and was a vegetarian for many years so this may be why but chicken just seems so....boring. What did you ladies introduce as the first meat (if you chose to serve them meat)?

TIA

Re: Which meat to start with?

• We started with chicken once my older daughter was able to gum it up enough to swallow the coarser texture.  Even though  she ate purees (my younger daughter won't eat purees) the idea of pureed meat just seems gross to me, so that waits for table foods.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We started with chicken. Will do turkey next. Then move out of poultry. Maybe to lamb? For what it is worth, I am and have been a vegetarian for 10 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Pedi suggested starting with chicken.  She said its easy to digest and there have been some new studies (I have yet to read myself) about chicken being having some great properties as one of the first foods.

• Haven't started meats yet, but will probably start with chicken or turkey.
  • Ben had Turkey on Thanksgiving, so that was his first meat though he didnt eat much of it then. 

He loves chicken, turkey, and venison.  

IMG_0888edit Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a little ways to go yet. I will likely start with salmon or rotisserie chicken. My son was two before he was able to process chicken. I think he would chew it until it was tasteless mush and then spit it out. Can't blame the kid.
  • imagefreeburger16:

Ben had Turkey on Thanksgiving, so that was his first meat though he didnt eat much of it then. 

He loves chicken, turkey, and venison.  

OMG - that picture is precious!!!!!!

• We did turkey first because it was thanksgiving and i thought the dark meat would be moist and flavorful. she loved it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"