Baby Names

Amazyn, Bison, Chaos, and Draco...

And that's just for starters... Apparently, there are a lot of parents with HORRIBLE taste in names living in Alberta!

And what does everyone think about Feenix, Cinderella, and Twinkle?

https://alberta.ca/home/NewsFrame.cfm?ReleaseID=/acn/201002/27846E1BFDECE-B8BF-9F03-B090FE28D7C70262.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Amazyn, Bison, Chaos, and Draco...

• imagejez_girl:

Apparently, there are a lot of parents with HORRIBLE taste in names living in Alberta!

Sadly, there are a lot of people with horrible taste in names living everywhere, I think.

As for Feenix -- when seeing that name, I make assumptions that the parents don't know how to spell.  Ditto for Lynkyn (mentioned in the article).

The names in the "one-of-a-kind" paragraph are.... interesting.  Morpheous is probably from parents who are fans of the Matrix, and Kal-El is a reference to Superman, but most of the others listed in the same paragraph I'm at odds to identify a reason why the parents would give that name to their child (Peanut?  Twinkle?  Chaos?).

• I had a customer call me Cinderella once and I almost kicked him in the balls. I can't imagine having that name for life. I think it is kind of demeaning actually considering the premise of Cinderella was that she was basically treated like a servent by her family.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • I was joking with friends that I was going to name one of our twins Draco b/c we thought we should stick with a Harry Potter theme (kidding of course.)  And now I see people actually do that.  Yuck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • People amaze me when it comes to some names.  Why would you name your child Chaos?  That just sounds like a recipe for diaster as they get older. 

From miscarriages, a diagnosis of a bicornuate uterus, and fibroid removal surgery...It's been quite the journey but it was all well worth it. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yikes Ick!
    BFP #1 4/2/09 EDD 12/6/09 -MC 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 EDD 2/14/10 -Ectopic in Tube, Surgery 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/15/09 EDD 6/27/10 -Daniel John 6/21/10 BFP #4 Oct 2010 Chemical Pregnancy BFP #5 8/19/11 Beta #1 82.8 Prog 17.25
  • For a second I was worried these were names you were considering.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I especially like Lynkyn. BARF
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• How is it no one has commented on Ericlindros? Lol. Only in Canada...
  • Cinderella. LMAO.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Yikes.
    Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Twinkle... HAHA

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • I know a little girl named Cinderella. She doesn't go by Cindy or Ella ? everyone calls her Cinderella.

She has three sisters: Ariel, Belle, and Aurora.

I'm not kidding and this is not an urban legend ? the older 3 were students at the school in California where I used to teach and baby Aurora was born at the end of my first school year.

• I know someone who wanted  to name a child Cinderella once.  Of course the child was her younger sister and she was 4yo.  Some people should have to take a test before naming their children!

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Oh Cinderella...seriosuly these parents make me sad! Why would you ever name your child that?! Now I have the Cinderella song stuck in my head "cinderelly cinderelly!!"

• Wowza!  Those are awful!!!
  • I live in Alberta too, and I know some people with horrible names.  I have a friend named Seven (yes his real name) and his sons are Jubei and Felix (Felix isn't bad, but it make me think of Felix the Cat) . My sister has a friend who named her daughter Tequila Haze and if her and her husband have a son they want to name him Rye (mom's name is Brandy so I guess they just want to stick with the alcohol theme.) I thought those names were bad until I read some of those in that article, there really ought to be a law against giving children horrible names.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"