Washington Babies

Who else is a kids-clothes-aholic?

IHO my Gymbo post, and all. Where do you like to shop? Any favorite brands? Any good tips for hitting a good sale?

I admit I LOVE buying Collin clothes. It's way more fun than buying them for myself, and he doesn't look fat in stripes.

I am a huge fan of Gymboree because they have clothes for baby boys that don't LOOK like babies, i.e. argyle, plaid, etc. I am not a fan of one-piece stretchy outfits, etc. And you can get some great deals. I hit the Baby Sale with my $10 in rewards, my $30 enrollment bonus for opening a Gymbo Visa (I only use it there), a 20% off coupon and then got 5% off for using my Visa, and got Collin a pair of shorts, three T-shirts, a polo, four pairs of socks and a hat ... for $23. I saved more than $95. Go me.

I also buy him stuff at Baby Gap and and sometimes Children's Place, but that store is very hit or miss for me. I find great stuff during the sales (i.e. $2.99 pajamas for next year) but I don't ever seem to find anything at other times of the year.

I mainly go to Nordstrom for his shoes, and get a few clothes items there (I have found a few things at The Rack, but the Supermall one doesn't have a very large kids' section) and often find super deals at Macy's. A few weeks ago, I got some CK Jeans and three Ralph Lauren polos for him at Bell Square ... for $4.25 each. I about had a heart attack when they were rung up. ;)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Who else is a kids-clothes-aholic?

• I find more joy in buying clothes for my son than for myself now (and that's saying something because I LOVE to buy clothes!).  I shop at Gymboree for the same reasons you listed, Baby GAP, sometimes Children's Place (geez, I think we might have the same taste?).  I picked up an Ed Hardy tshirt for him at the Rack.  I love to find random onesies and my favs are little man outfits.  I think my next purchase for him might be a tie.
  • I'd rather buy clothes for DD any day. If I had it my way I'd buy clothes ever time I went into a store. I look like a slob but as long as she looks good I'm happy. Of course DH does a good job of reigning me in because I have no self control.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a kids consignment store a holic.  I loooove the "hunt" and don't even have to buy anything to have fun, but the steals can be amazing. 

New stuff, love Baby Gap and then Mini Boden for the splurge.

• I shop a lot at the end of season sales.  It seems the only thing he needs each season are some shirts, mostly summer for shortsleeve.   I do a lot at CP Monster Sales; got a bunch of shorts for this summer all $2.99-4.99.  And Gap outlet end of season sale and the extra 30% off coupons when they are out.  I have bought a couple things from Gymbo outlet but not much, a lot of their stuff I find is "dressier" then our usual jeans, shirt/sweatshirt attire.  But It depends on the season I think. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hello I'm Kim, and I'm an addict. I was just organizing Carter's clothes because he is just so chubby that alot of stuff doesn't fit and I didn't want it taking up space. Well, I finally hit the stuff that we have been stocking up on and our little boy is definately stylish and doesn't necessarily need more clothes. If anything he needs some cute t-shirts soon and some new little crib shoes.

I shop almost anywhere but I am picky about what I buy. I love my little man in argyle (heck DH and I love it for us too) and I have found some adorable argyle stuff at Gymboree and Old Navy. I also love little collard shirts whether they be polos, rugby shirts, or button downs. I shop sales mostly and try to plan ahead as best as possible. I love Old Navy, Baby Gap, Children's Place sometimes,Osh Kosh outlet, and some things at Carter's outlet.

• It's kind of funny that you posted this because dh and I were just going through all of X's next size clothes and woah do I  have a lot. I totally love shopping for that boy. I also love to dress him in little man clothes and I am obsessed with Paul Frank! I am not a fan of other character stuff. Can't stand it actually.I like to shop at Nordstrom Rack, Macy's, Crazy 8, Gymboree, Children's Place, and Old Navy.  I need to be better about finding the great bargains. I never pay full price but I think I could definitely do better. I'm starting to shop at the end of each season for clothes for the next year.

ETA: I have also found some cute Amy Coe Stuff at Babies R Us.

• I am right there with all of you, especially since Ryder too doesn't look fat in stripes. I could buy clothes for him all the time. I love Children's Place, Target and Carters. I haven't been to Gymboree yet because with 4 kids buying clothes isn't cheep. Not to mention Ryder has enough clothes to last him until he is 2. My favorite things are shoes and hats. I know he doesn't even walk yet my the accessories are my fav. Especially the animal and fun printed hats they have now for babies. I actually just found the cutest hat for him at Spencers of all place (I know weird right) that was a little green snow lumberjack hat.
  • ME!!!!! I buy madilynn SOOO many clothes. It cannot be healthy I do this. She has clothes all the way up to 3T and she isn't even 3 months yet. I haven't bought myself 1 piece of clothing since I had her. I shop allot at the Carters outlet, GAP Kids, Fred meyer (sale racks), nords rack, Old navy and Gymboree. I always buy on sale. I get really excited when I see anything over 50% off. I'm telling you its like a drug. LOL I don't think she has many outfits that were not on sale. Luckily DH just goes along with it. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Crazy 8, H&M, Pumpkin Patch, there is a place in Redmond Town Center (can't remember the name) that has great stuff with a European feel and it's different than anything you find at other stores.  Well priced too. 

Enjoy it now, DS won't wear jeans, and wants to choose what he wears and I miss the days when he'd wear what ever I choose for him!  Where did my baby boy go ?  Also,  daycare they really doesn't like when I "dress him up" cuz he ends up drity and messy so I try to stick to tshirts and sweats/elastic waste pants. 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • ::raises hand::

Me. Totally, yes. It's sick, really. What's crazy is that I am LOVING buying clothes for boys. It's like a challenge to me and I love a shopping challenge. I'm worried I might get too bored when it comes time to shop for girls since there is such an abundance..lol

Baby Gap, hands down has too much of my money. I pretty much love EVERYTHING they put out for baby boys. I shop online at babygap.com too because they carry a bigger selection online.

Gymboree is hit and miss for me because they put friggin' aligators, monkeys, puppies, tractors and trucks on everything. Grrr. Love the clothes but want to take the emblems off them. Carters Store has some great separates, sweater vests, khakis, etc. right now for spring.

I like a lot of H&M's baby clothes but I only buy them on sale. The sizes are wonky and the prices are on the high end (for lower quality baby clothes) I also find a lot of good stuff at Nordstrom Rack, Baby Gap Outlet and Marshall's. Marshall's carries a lot of Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, and other kinda preppy styles I like. Also I hit up the consignment stores like it's nobody's business.

ETA: MrsEditorJax I'm like you...for boys, I don't like the babyish looking stuff. I like to dress him like a little man or little boy.

• I'm a huge kids clothes shopoholic.  I love Nordstrom, the Rack, Old Navy, Gymboree, and Macy's.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Umm...heck yes me too!!!! Before we left the USA I stocked up on some of my favorite clothing for DS up to size 4 (he is only 91/2mths old!!). Clothing in Australia is by FAR more expensive than the USA.  For example this top Coop is wearing in this photo I brought from MACY's for around $20-$25. The EXACT same one at a store here was $130!!!!

I love Nordstrom Rack & MACY's the best for some great bargains. I think their profit will be down now that I am no longer living in the USA.

And Jen,  you still make me jealous with all your RL great buys!!!

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • imagenykola:

... they put friggin' aligators, monkeys, puppies, tractors and trucks on everything. Grrr. Love the clothes but want to take the emblems off them. 

This. Carters, Gymboree, gap, everybody is guilty. I want simple plain sweet stuff that can be used for my baby boy and then later by my baby (hypothetical) girl. And while I think the "little man" stuff is cute, I really like my baby to look like a baby and wish I could find more simple, classic baby styles. Especially now that he is in 12 month sizes it is really hard. I get sad when I see sweet little layette stuff that doesn't even come in his size. I figure he has plenty of time to be a kid (or a teenager ffs, does he really need distressed jeans??) but he'll only be my baby for a teeny tiny while longer. 

But as far as where I shop... before the baby came I was the Goodwill queen, but I just don't have time for that anymore and get the jeebies about taking J into that germy world. So, lots of consignment and ON and Gap clearance. And I love the stuff my MIL sends from England: John Lewis,  Mini Mode, Petit Bateau.

• Oh yes, I am addicted, very much so.  I agree with you about Gymbo being great because it looks like real clothing not "baby" clothing.  Tristen has never worn a romper, and never will.  I vow that if I have a baby girl next she will only wear stretch pants to bed. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gymboree OUTLET!  Great prices, and not nearly as busy.  I also like Children's place, but I do think it fits slightly different.  I buy most of his clothing at Old Navy though because it's a little more trendy and price wise less so if he ruins it or grows out of it quickly I hadn't spend a ton of $$ on it.  I just bought him a couple new outfits from there, and I got him this stripped polo I THOUGHT was orange and brown.  LOL turns out it's brown with neon green and pink strips.  So he will be one little casanova wearing that polo.  I like Stride rite outlet for shoes as well.  Baby gap is so hit and miss for T's size so we don't do a lot of shopping there. 

• I don't like the animals on everything, but he does have a tractor something in each size. Even his rust puffy vest last fall had a dinosaurt on the zipper pull.

I buy mostly gymbo and crazy 8. I'll snatch most anything gap and Janie&Jack when I see it at consignment. TCP is good for pants, but I hate their graphic tees. We do a lot of jeans, khakis, tshirts and I have a bunch of polos in the next size.  I have a lot or argyle and checked stuff but that's more for dressier stuff.

Basically, I dress my son the way I dress my husband.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"