Washington Babies
Options

WW Ladies - a little AW'ing and a recipe

so 5 weeks in and today at weigh in I surpassed my first goal of 5% loss.

I am so thrilled! I look forward to hitting my next goal of 10% and being under 200lbs for the first time in like 4 years! It just sounds great that soon enough my weight wont start with a 2. YAY~

okay and the recipe.

WW slow cooker lasagna. (this is awesome and a must try)

POINTS? Value:    8
Servings:  6
Preparation Time:  20 min
Cooking Time:  360 min
Level of Difficulty:  Easy

No need to cook the noodles first or stay home while it bakes. Just let it sit a few minutes before serving so it can firm up a bit.

Ingredients

image 1 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)   
image 1 small onion(s), chopped   
1 medium garlic clove(s), minced   
image 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes   
image 15 oz canned tomato sauce   
1 tsp table salt   
1 tsp dried oregano   
1/2 tsp dried basil   
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste   
1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese   
1 1/2 cup(s) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided   
6 item(s) dry lasagna noodles, no-cook   
1/2 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese, strong-flavored like Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano   

Instructions

• Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.

• Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.

• Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture; top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.

• Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired.

• In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and set aside until cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes. Yields 1/6th of dish per serving.

Notes

• To boost your vegetable intake, add a can of zucchini in tomato sauce to the meat mixture. You can also add 2 cups of sliced shiitake mushrooms to the beef mixture.
Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

Re: WW Ladies - a little AW'ing and a recipe

• Options

YesYes

Congrats on your progress - that's awesome!!!  5% is a great milestone Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good job Dawn!!! That is great.  Thanks for the recipe, I saved it to try!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on surpassing your goal!!!  And thanks for the recipe!  We got a slow cooker as a wedding gift and as soon as we have a home (hopefully sooner, rather than later, lol) this will be the first thing I attempt!
  • Options
    That's fantastic!  Congrats on that milestone.  I might try that recipe! Thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    That is awesome!!  You go girl!  I made that slowcooker recipe this week! LOL! I tweaked it though and made it more simple.  Lasagna noodles 1 jar pasta sauce 1/2 lbs ground turkey 1 carton fiber one cottage cheese (instead of ricotta) and 1 cup skim motzerella cheese YUM!!!  so good!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options

Awesome! You are doing great!!

Thanks for the receipe, looks delish.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"