Success after IF

Bedrest equal bigger baby?

Besides if the baby had growth issues to begin with... would bed rest maybe equate to a larger baby at birth? 

I am on bedrest due to PTL, but the baby is measuring ahead.  Wondering if just lying around and not moving much would equal an even bigger baby?  Not worried too much, the OB and MFM are closely watching his growth- but my wheels are turning.

Re: Bedrest equal bigger baby?

• I had a small baby, went on complete strict bedrest due to pre-e, and her rate of growth did not change at all.  She's a small thing to this day, so she just runs small.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was on bedrest at 28 weeks. I had a preemie, but had I gone full term, he still would have been on the smaller side. He was 4lbs9oz at 35 weeks,
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • All of my u/s indicated that my LO was going to be bigger.  I was not put on bedrest by my OB, but I never felt good and have zero demands on my time, so, basically, I spent the better part of 42 weeks in bed.  I did very little.  But, at the very end of my pregnancy 41+ weeks, I developed HELLP Syndrome (hmmm, could that have been why I never felt good???).  My son weighed just under 8 lbs.  I think that my illness impacted his ultimate weight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was a gestational diabetic and in the mid 2nd tri, H was running big....around the 75th-80th percentile. I was bedrested at 29 weeks due to PTL and spent 7 weeks on it. He was born at 36 weeks weighing 5 lb. 10oz. At his 9 month appointment, he was in the 40th percentile for weight which is the highest he has been so he is just under average size.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • .. Because you're thinking the caloric transfer would be higher to the baby than being burned up? I'm not sure it works that way. (Is that your logic? I'm not sure I"m following your logic...)

I move around quite a lot and am very active and not on bedrest, but mine is measuring ahead too. 

TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageAliki:

.. Because you're thinking the caloric transfer would be higher to the baby than being burned up? I'm not sure it works that way. (Is that your logic? I'm not sure I"m following your logic...)

I move around quite a lot and am very active and not on bedrest, but mine is measuring ahead too. 

Yes, this is what I am thinking.   Women who gain more than the recommended amount of weight during pregnancy tend to give birth to larger babies- thus, if I am burning less calories, and may gain more weight than usual, I might in turn grow a larger baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"