Attachment Parenting
Options

I am not coordinated enough for SSCs

I just cannot do it! With a front carry I can't buckle my own chest strap. I don't like crossing in the back either, because I'm not coordinated to buckle them while holding her. In a back carry, if I hip scoot my clothes get all messed up. I can't toss, because the waist needs to be buckled. 

Seriously, am I the only person in the world who has these problems? I can back carry in a MT no problem- either toss. But the SSC I just can't get it all adjusted. WHyyyyyyy?  

Re: I am not coordinated enough for SSCs

• Options
    Interesting... what kind do you have?  It seems to me that some types are more complicated than others.  I have a Beco coming, and chose that one specifically b/c it's supposed to be easier for back carries.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

right now I have a pikkolo and a kanga J. But I've tried a lot. Oh, and I have an Ergo my H wants to hang onto in case we go hiking (weirdo). I have a slight BWing obsession at the moment, I've been trying out tons to see what works for us. 

It just seems that SSC would be easier than a MT.. but I am apparently much better at tying than buckling!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try loosening the side straps, doing the buckles, then tightenng them. It gives you more to play with.
  • Options

imagetovachava:
    Try loosening the side straps, doing the buckles, then tightenng them. It gives you more to play with.

I thought the whole point was you didn't have to fiddle or adjust with SSC! Hmm. Maybe I should stick to MTs and ring slings. I pulled a muscle in my neck trying to get that silly chest clip buckled.  

• Options

Don't give up!  I love both of mine (yes both Embarrassed )  I like the becco and it doesn't fit dh, who likes the ergo).  Both just have the side straps you just yank on to tighten. 

Now, MT's look way to complicated for me!

• Options

This is why we went w/ the Beco. DH does the whole scoot from front to back for back carries, I just put him on like I would a backpack. I leave the shoulder straps slightly loose while getting him in b/c it's a bit easier, but it's not necessary. A single pull on each tightens it back up. 

DH & I switch back & forth with it & adjust the straps in about 2 seconds. I like my Beco way better than I did my mt.

But all in all, ring slings & wovens are still my fave. 

• Options
    imagewebMistress0609:

This is why we went w/ the Beco. DH does the whole scoot from front to back for back carries, I just put him on like I would a backpack. I leave the shoulder straps slightly loose while getting him in b/c it's a bit easier, but it's not necessary. A single pull on each tightens it back up. 

DH & I switch back & forth with it & adjust the straps in about 2 seconds. I like my Beco way better than I did my mt.

I have a calyx on the way, and it has an internal seat thing like the beco.

I loooooove love love my ring slings. Those are my first love! I have way too many.  

• Options
    imagecindy453:
    imagewebMistress0609:

I have a calyx on the way, and it has an internal seat thing like the beco.

I loooooove love love my ring slings. Those are my first love! I have way too many.  

I only have one. I'm thinking of getting an SB for summer. But then again I'm thinking of getting a longer woven too. I'm sure I'll find a way to justify both. 

ETA: Did you sell the O&A SSC? 

• Options

yeah I sold the O&A, in a search to fund something that worked. I do have 2 MTs now that I love- use them daily for naps. But I really want a SSC that works! I'm nervous to take my MTs out of the house with all the snow/slush, I don't want to get the straps all gross and have no choice but to wrap them around my waist! 

I have toooo many RS. I have a turkish delight slingified wrap, a SBP'ed psling gradation, a SB, and 2 more on the way (an actual psling gradation and another slingified wrap). We paid off all our CC debt this past year, so this is the first year I've really had fun money with our tax return... I've spent all mine on slings/carriers! I'm trying it all :oops:  

• Options
    Re: chestclip - fasten it first and put the SSC on over your head, this way you will have to loosen the side straps to get your LO in the SSC but it does eliminate the chestclip on the back problem.  And I'll also say that after a while you do find a way to bounce and clip, it just takes time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"