Baby Names

2 very different names

I have 2 names for our little girl (who arrives in April) that my husband and I love...but we can't decide.  They are VERY different.

Opinions?

Charlie Elise or Charlee Elise

and

Lilly Elise

Re: 2 very different names

• We have a Lily and love her name, though it is popular.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Loading the player...
  • Lilly please.  Charlie is only cute IMO as a nickname for Charlotte or some other girl name. 
  • I LOVE Charlize. You could name her that- it almost meshes Charlie & Elise in a way. You can always call her Charlie for a nn....I just think it's better to give a more feminine option.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• I like Lilly Elise better.

I'm not a big fan of Charlie on its own for a girl. Maybe as a nickname for Charlotte, or Charlize, like some pps suggested. 

Blank!
  • Definitely Lilly Elise. Charlie is a boy's name.
  • lilly elise
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBizEB:
    Lilly please.  Charlie is only cute IMO as a nickname for Charlotte or some other girl name. 

That is a cute idea. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Charlie...but like pp, maybe a more feminine first name and call her Charlie for short, that way when shes older she has an option. Lilly is gettin too popular IMO
  • imageLMS05:
    Definitely Lilly Elise. Charlie is a boy's name.

I completely agree with this.   Lilly is a beautiful name, too.

• Both are cute but I prefer Lilly Elise
  • I love Charlie for a girl!
    Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Lily Elise sounds sooooooo pretty.
  • I like both, but I think I might be leaning toward Charlie... I kind of like "boy nicknames" for girls :)

ie: Sam, George (a la Nancy Drew), Charlie, Alex.....

• imageerinms:

imageLMS05:
    Definitely Lilly Elise. Charlie is a boy's name.

I completely agree with this.   Lilly is a beautiful name, too.

yep

• I dont think theyre very different at all. Lilly is extremely common, especially. And Charlie was on our list for a girl, but my sister threw a fit and said it was her name for her future daughter lol. I think its beautiful, especially with a feminine middle name like Elise. Go with Charlie!
  • Charlie is a boys name.  A traditional boys name that sounds extremely masculine to me.  I don't get this at all for a girl.
  • Charlie is cute, but I prefer it to be short for Charlotte, Charlize ect... something feminine as a formal first

Lily is just way tooo popular for my taste 

• Definitely Lilly!

Charlie is all boy to me.

Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • It's probably just me, but doesn't it feel like too many L's if you say the 2 names together, with either Charlie or Lilly.

I guess since you don't have to say the middle too often, my vote would go to Lilly!! Charlie isn't one of my fave names, sorry.

• I'm not a huge fan of naming the child the nickname version of a name - so if I were in your shoes, I'd personally be considering:

Charlotte Elise (nn Charlie)

Lillian Elise (nn Lilly)

And, FWIW, I think those both flow better because I also don't like ending one name with the same sound as the start of the next name because they run together.

Of the two I listed, I prefer Lillian Elise, I actually think that's really pretty (love the name Elise!).

Congrats on the pending girl arrival, little girls are so much fun.

• imagealdyn:

I'm not a huge fan of naming the child the nickname version of a name - so if I were in your shoes, I'd personally be considering:

Charlotte Elise (nn Charlie)

Lillian Elise (nn Lilly)

And, FWIW, I think those both flow better because I also don't like ending one name with the same sound as the start of the next name because they run together.

Of the two I listed, I prefer Lillian Elise, I actually think that's really pretty (love the name Elise!).

Congrats on the pending girl arrival, little girls are so much fun.

ITA.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How about Lyla instead of Lilly... Lilly is sooooo popular right now.
    BFP #1 4/2/09 EDD 12/6/09 -MC 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 EDD 2/14/10 -Ectopic in Tube, Surgery 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/15/09 EDD 6/27/10 -Daniel John 6/21/10 BFP #4 Oct 2010 Chemical Pregnancy BFP #5 8/19/11 Beta #1 82.8 Prog 17.25
  • Lily, but I don't like the double /L/ sound of Lily Elise.

Don't care for Charlie or Charlee.  What is cute for a little girl will sound ridiculous on an adult.

• I think Elise is a terrible middle name for a boy.
    "I
  • As a teacher I don't like when a normal name is spelled weird so I would go with the first Charlie.
  • Thanks everyone for your opinions.  I like Charlotte and calling her Charlie best but MIL hates it (she doesn't tell me, she tells my husband).  Lilly is really popular and I wanted something different because I love that not many people had my name.

How do you all feel about Jocelyn?  My mom's name is Joyce Lynn so it would be named after her.  With the last name Ogilby its kind of hard though.  I don't want a mouthful.

• I love Jocelyn.  It's one of the only "-lyn" names that I really like.  I also like the nickname Joce or Joss. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"